Mailmerge with regions does not add new rows

Hi

I try to add filtering for “mergewithregions” in our application and I found an issue where I am not sure if this is a bug or a feature.

If I have a table containing one column and two rows, where the fist contains my header and the second my merge fieds (tablestart, filterfiled, some datafield and tableend) I noticed that “mergewithregions” added new paragraphs only and not new rows. This is an issue when I want to use the filter mechanism you have described here.
Filter within merge

If I add a second column and move the tableend to this cell it is working fine.

Kind regards,
TK

Hi
Thanks for your request. For filtering, you can use a simple way using DataView:
https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words.mailmerging/mailmerge/executewithregions/
Regarding the issue is about repeating one-cell region during the merge. We just closed the issue as resolved and it will be in the next release which is scheduled to the July 31.
But there are few notes. To get the desired effect, you need to modify your template. We decided against modifying the current behavior for such templates because it may break existing customer templates. Actually, we have several test documents made from customer documents in our database, which do not behave as expected, if the region inside table cell is interpreted as “repeat that cell”.
Instead, we improved the handling of MailMerge.RemoveEmptyParagraphs option. Now if this option is set to true, empty paragraphs that used to be the parents of region start and region end fields before the merge, are removed from the merged document as well.
This allows combining a table header with a single-cell region. Please find the attached template and merge result.
Feel free to ask if you have further questions, we will be glad to help you.
Best regards,

Hi,

Thanks, Your examples are promisinig. I’m looking forwad to the next release.
About the DataView, I answered the question in the other thread.

Kind regards,
TK

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-3811) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)