We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Mailmerge

We use Words to create word documents using templates. Some of our templates have combo box content controls for the user to make selections once the document is merged. The problem we face is that the merge removes the combo box and only shows the ‘Choose item’ text that is the 1st item in the box. I have attached the template and a copy of a document created using the template.

Hi Russ,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 15.9.0, we managed to reproduce this issue on our end. We have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-12523. Your thread has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Russ,

Regarding WORDSNET-12523, the problem occurs because SDT controls are not supported by DOC format. So, Aspose.Words renders them as simple text the same way as Word does. Please ‘Save As’ your document with MS Word 2013 in DOC format to observe this behavior. I have also attached MS Word 2013 generated DOC file and screenshot of warning message here for your reference. So, this is the expected behavior. If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Hi Russ,

Regarding WORDSNET-12523, our product team has completed the work on your issue and has come to a conclusion that this issue and the undesired behaviour you're observing is actually not a bug. So, we have closed this issue as 'Not a Bug'.

Best regards,