MailMessage FROM field is required

When I create a new mail message using Microsoft Outlook, the "From" field is left bank as it uses the sending account's email by default. When I use the Aspose Network utility to create a .msg file, I'm required to define the .From property. If I do not, the From field gets filled with "sender-display-name [sender-address].

I have tried setting the property to null as well as tried to assign it a new MailAddress("",""); with no luck. I don't know why you have required this field to be assigned as it is not required by Outlook. I'm using another party utility which does allow you leave out the From field but lacks the nice features Aspose has. Could this possibly be addressed soon or a workaround given?

Thanks,

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

We will do some analysis to make the From field optional while creating msg files. I have added it as “new feature” in our issue tracking system (ID: 14525). We will get back to you when there is a feedback or this is implemented.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 14525) have been fixed in [this update ](http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.network-for-.net/entry229369.aspx).

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Great!

Thanks for addressing this issue for me. It will allow me to use this module for my development now.

Thanks,

Nick