Make slides from word documents

Is it possible to make slides from word documents?
I want to convert a word document into presentation file. One-page forms one slide. Is there any way to do it?
If yes, can u please provide some example code for it?

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

The currently available method for converting a Word document to a PowerPoint slide is to embed the Word document as an OLE Object within the presentation slide. You may please try using the following code to accomplish your requirement. However, if you want to add each page of Word document on a separate slide, you may please read the Word file page by page and then embedding each page as a separate OLE Object on an individual slide. I am afraid; I am not familiar with reading a Word document page by page. So, for that reason, I have asked my fellow developer from Aspose.Words team to answer this query further.

//Read the MS-WORD file into the stream

FileStream fin = new FileStream("c:\\sample.doc", FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read);

byte[] byts = new byte[fin.Length];

fin.Read(byts, 0, (int)fin.Length);

fin.Close();

//Create the presentation and insert the MS-WORD file

Presentation dstPres = new Presentation();

Slide dstSld = dstPres.GetSlideByPosition(1);

OleObjectFrame oof = dstSld.Shapes.AddOleObjectFrame(100, 100, 3000, 3000, "Microsoft Word Document", byts);

//Write the presentation on disk

dstPres.Write(@"d:\ppt\destination.ppt");

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your request. MS Word document is flow document and does not contain any information about its layout into lines and pages. So there is no way to determine where page starts or ends and there is no way to split Word document into pages using Aspose.Words.

Best regards.

What about pdf documents or for that sake any other documents? Is it possible?

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

I'm pleased to inform you that along with the capability of manipulating word documents, Aspose.Words also offers the capability to save the word documents into PDF format. For more related information, please visit How-to: Convert a Document to PDF

I'm afraid I'm not sure what other formats you're looking for when you have said "What about pdf documents or for that sake any other documents?". Can you please elaborate your requirement.

Hi,

You can convert a Word document to PDF to Slides using the following steps:

1. Convert a Word document to PDF using Aspose.Words
2. Convert PDF pages to images using Aspose.Pdf.Kit
3. Add images to individual slides using Aspose.Slides

Please try it at your end and see if it helps. Should you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

Thanks shahzad.latif and others actually i knew about adding images of pdf to slides, what i wanted to know was whether we could make slides with editble text i.e. text could be imported as text and not image. But i suppose it is not possible right now.
Thanks everyone for helping.

And yes, i have already worked on the above solution and it works for making slides of images.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-2978) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(40)