Making a new PDF with an embedded Tiff searchable

Hi,

I am about to evalute the Aspose.Total for .net but have a specific question for aspose.pdf.kit. I will be constructing a pdf file from a multipage tif file which would have come in on a fax card. I want to make the pdf searchable before I pass it on in the workflow. Is this possible ?

Clive

Hi Clive,

Are you trying to create a new PDF file from a TIFF image or trying to add image to an existing PDF file? Please elaborate your requirement so we would be able to help you out accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi Support,

I am trying to create a new PDF from a TIFF image and want to make the resultant PDF searchable. Is this possible ?

Clive

1 Like

Hi Clive,

This question is related to Aspose.Pdf and I’m moving this thread to the related forum, so that the concerned representative would be able to help you out.

Regards,

Hello Clive,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

I am a representative from Aspose.Pdf team. This component is used to generate PDF documents from scratch. Besides this, Aspose.Pdf can be used to convert TIFF image into PDF format. For more related information, please visit

I am afraid I am unable to understand your requirement when you have stated Searchable PDF documents. Can you please share some details. We apologize for your inconvenience.

I hope this explains this clearer :

In general, PDF and PDF/A files can be categorized into two basic types: raster image and searchable text based. Raster image based PDF files are basically images in a PDF wrapper. These types of PDF files offer the advantage of being more difficult to edit than text based PDFs and have the exact same appearance as the original image. On the other hand, searchable text based PDF files offer capabilities such as search and edit, and are typically smaller in size.

When converting from raster images to searchable text based PDF, can Aspose.pdf save a hybrid type of PDF that is a searchable text based PDF but maintains the exact appearance of the original raster image. These types of PDF files are called image over text. In image over text PDFs, the text is formatted as usual, but the portion of the original raster image for each character is overlaid on top of the text. This maintains the look and formatting of the original raster image while still allowing the text content to be searched, selected, copied and pasted.

Can you current version of aspose.pdf do this ?

1 Like

Hello Clive,

Thanks for sharing the detailed information.

As far as I can understand from your description, you need to create a PDF document which contains some text information and an image placed over the text. Something similar to multilayer PDF documents. If so is the case, then I am pleased to inform you that requirement can easily be accomplished using Aspose.Pdf.

According to Aspose.Pdf for .NET Document Object Model (DOM), text and images are treated as paragraph level objects. Each PDF document contains one or more sections and in each section, there can be one or more paragraphs. Each PDF document also contains watermarks collection and you can place text and image as watermark over the PDF document. You can use the ZIndex property to specify which watermark layer to be displayed on top of other. For more related information, please visit Customizing Watermark

I would also reccommend you to visit the following links for information on How to create MultiLayer PDF document

In case I have not properly understood your requirement or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

1 Like