Manipulate password protected worksheet/workbook without unprotecting

Hi Support
I am evaluating Aspose.Cells .Net.
I protected Excel worksheet and workbook with password via the Excel Ribbon -> Review tab -> Protect Sheet & Protect Workbook.
I used Aspose to manipulate the protected workbooks (.xlsx & .xlsb formats), eg: insert/delete lock rows, insert/delete sheets.
I found that Aspose can manipulate without unprotecting worksheet and workbook. I wonder is this an intended feature by Aspose? Do you have techincal document relating to this feature? Because we used to have to unprotect first then make the changes in VBA environment.
Thank you
e6SKngElv6.png (7.7 KB)

@hchc,
We have observed this behavior and logged an investigation ticket in our database. You will be notified here once any update is ready for sharing.

This issue is logged as:
CELLSNET-48140 - Password protected workbook and worksheet can be modified without unprotecting it

Thanks. I reckon this is a good feature to have. I want to make sure this will not be considered as a bug in future because I don’t find any relevant information on the documentation.

@hchc,

We evaluated it and we are sorry but we don’t have any plans to support this feature now for performance grounds.

To clarify that Aspose already supports it. I just want to ensure it is not a bug.

@hchc,
Yes, you are right. It is not a bug but expected behavior.

Great, thank you.