Manual Calculation and Data Validation not working

I am using Aspose Version 8.7.0.1 generating XLS file.
Validation is not getting added

See sample code below
Validation validationCell= localSheet.Validations.GetValidationInCell(row, column;
validationCell.InputTitle = hText;
validationCell.InputMessage = content;
validationCell.ShowInput = true;
localSheet.Validations.Add(validationCell);

Also,
ManualCalculation does not work too

Hi Joy,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

Your code seems to be incomplete as you are not defining the operator type, formula or the cell area on which data validation has to be applied. Moreover, it seems you are loading a spreadsheet containing predefined validation rules. Please review the details article on Data Validations with Aspose.Cells for .NET. In case you still face any difficulty, please share an executable sample application along with the input spreadsheet and desired results for better understanding of your scenario.

Regarding Manual Calculation of formulas, again we require the input spreadsheet and the code (preferably a sample application) to recreate the said behavior for further investigation.

Looking forward to above requested information.

The previous working aspose version was v6.0.1 and we are upgrading to v8.7

What the code is trying to achieve is getting the validation on a specific cell.

Validation.GetValidationInCell(row, column) does this work in your latest version?

I have refactored the code using the sample code on the documentation and is now working.

I will send the sample code for manual calculation

Hi Joy,

It is good to know that one of your issues is resolved by following the snippets in the referenced documentation. Please share the project as well as input spreadsheet to show the problem related to the manual calculation. We will review it soon to assist you further in this regard.

please try this,

Workbook workbook = new Workbook();
workbook.Settings.CalcMode = CalcModeType.Manual;
workbook.Save(@“C:\output.xlsx”, SaveFormat.Xlsx);

Hi Joy,

Thank you for writing back.

I think you are looking at the Excel’s global preferences. If you wish to see that a specified spreadsheet has the calculation mode set to Manual or Automatic, you should use the Formula tab, and check for the Calculation Options as shown in the attached snapshots that I have taken from the spreadsheets generated by setting the calculation mode to CalcModeType.Manual & CalcModeType.Automatic respectively.

In case you are still not able to see the desired results, please share the version of Excel application being used on your side.

Looking at the Formula tab it is still Automatic

Hi Joy,

I have simply loaded your provided spreadsheet in Excel 2013 x64 and it is showing the Calculation Options as Manual. Please see attached screenshot. What is you current version of the Excel application used to inspect the spreadsheets? Please also provide more details of your environment.

My Excel version is 2010 Version 14.0.7165.5000 (32-bit)

Hi Joy,

Thank you for sharing the details. Please allow me some time to arrange the mentioned version of Excel application to reevaluate the case on my side.

Hi again,

Thank you for your patience with us.

We have checked the aforementioned behaviour in Excel 2010 32-bit without observing any problem, that is; Excel shows the Calculation Options set to Manual as shown in attached snapshot.

Please note, you have to load the spreadsheets one by one in Excel GUI to check the correct Calculation Options for a particular spreadsheet. This is because we have noticed that if you load two spreadsheets in Excel simultaneously, the shown Calculations Options will be for the first loaded spreadsheet. Please try the case by closing all opened spreadsheets in Excel and load only one file to check its Calculation Options.

Thanks for investigating my issue.

By the way, when are you formally releasing 8.7.1? we need the official version. We cannot use 8.7.0 because of the calibri font bug

Hi Joy,

We normally publish the major releases of Aspose.Cells APIs during the 4th week of every month so the next release v8.7.1 will hopefully be available during 22nd to 26th of February 2016.

@babar raza

Hi do you have list of bugs/enhancements targeted for this month end release? We are using this in a commercial product. Hence need to decide whether we wait for this month end release or go ahead with 8.7 version. Thanks.

Hi Joy,

Please check the release notes of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.7.0 from here. Moreover, you can also check the Public API Change section to know what has been changed in terms of public API between different revisions. Please note, we started maintaining this section since Aspose.Cells v8.0.0.

@babar raza,

I will be interested more in 8.7.1 version as we have already raised an issue with default fonts in v8.7. We would like to know the rough list of bugs/enhancements planned to do in 8.7.1 version. Our release is based on your feedback.

regards,
Naren

Hi Naren,

I am afraid, we cannot provide a list of bug fixes included in the upcoming release of Aspose.Cells for .NET until it is officially announced and has been added to the Aspose download section. However, I will try to compile a list of tickets scheduled to be fixed with v8.7.1 but I believe such list may not be concrete because schedule may change according to the work load or high priority tasks in the queue therefore it will be appropriate to wait till v8.7.1 is officially available.