I'm evaluating the .NET version of Aspose for RS,
Like many users I hit an error when trying to install onto a SQL Server 2008 R2 server. I tried the manual install procedure listed in the Aspose for RS documentation:
In lieu of the paths to SQL Server 2008 I copied .dlls and updated configs under the SQL Server 2008 R2 folder paths but it didn't work...
- Should the 2008 procedure work for 2008 R2 - if I copy the .dlls and modify configs under R2? Or is there a different procedure for R2?
- Do I need to register Aspose.Words.ReportingServices.dll in the GAC?
- Do I need to restart any services? (I restarted the machine and it didn't work)
- I'm installing v220.127.116.11 of Aspose.Words.ReportingServices.dll. Step #4 of the manual install instructions modifies a .config file and inserts a tag containing a PublicKeyBlob, is it possible the key has changed and I need a different key?
- Also in step #4 the Name="Aspose.Words_for_Reporting_Services" tag is not spelled the same as the Aspose.Words.ReportingServices.dll name, is this an issue? - I would the name should not matter, it should be driven off of the key - yes?
Any help is appreciated....