MAP returns #VALUE! error when input arrays have length of 1

Dear Aspose,

We are implementing some complex calculation logic that heavily relies on the MAP function. However, if the input arrays have only 1 item within them, the MAP returns a #VALUE! error in some cases (see the attached sample). Note that when the input arrays have more than 1 items, it works fine.
ConsoleApp1.zip (51.7 KB)

I’ve tried fixing this issue using an implementation of the AbstractCalculationEngine, but I failed to do so, because the ParamCount is not returning the proper value, but 1 less. Therefore, I am not able to get the LAMBDA function, which makes me wondering if two issues are connected.

Do you have any suggestion so that we can workaround this, or is it something you need to fix within the calculation engine in the next upcoming release?

I am looking forward to your response.

Regards,
Marton

@marton.varsanyi,

Thanks for the sample XLSX file and details.

After an initial testing, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by using your template file and sample code. I found MAP returns “#VALUE!” error when input arrays have length of 1.

We require thorough evaluation of the issue. We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSNET-54964

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@marton.varsanyi,

We are pleased to inform you that your issue “CELLSNET-54964” has been resolved. The fix will be included in our upcoming release (Aspose.Cells v24.2) that we plan to release in the first half of February 2024. You will be notified when the next version is released.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-54964) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi