MapiMessage doesn't implement IDisposable?

Why doesn't Aspose.Email.Outlook.MapiMessage implement IDisposable, like Aspose.Email.Mail.MailMessage?

You can load a .msg from disk into a MapiMessage instance. Does it hold any unmanaged resources? A file handle, stream, some MAPI data, etc? I would think something would need to be released.

Best regards,

Rob

Hi Rob,

Apologies for delayed response.

Thank you for pointing this out. Now I am wondering the same, so I have requested an answer from the development end. I will also check it’s feasibility and if possible we can provide the implementation very soon.

Regards,

Hi Rob,

I have logged an investigative ticket (Id: NETWORKNET-33120) in our bug tracking system to do a detailed review of MapiMessage class. If there aren’t any unmanaged resources then we can provide the required implementation in some future release.

Regards,

Thank you very much for this. I have a feeling this is what causes the OutOfMemoryException error I see on some PSTs.

Best regards,

Rob W

I am very anxious to hear any update on this issue! Please let me know when you know anything more.

Thank you,

Rob W

Hi Rob,

We will provide the required implementation with next release of Aspose.Email for .NET v1.4.0. That is schedule in last quarter of January 2012.

That's great -- thank you very much for the update.

Best regards,

Rob W

The issues you have found earlier (filed as NETWORKNET-33120) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.