Margins differ when printing to printer

Hi!

I have different results when printing out a given PDF file with Aspose than when I print with Adobe or Crystal. Reports. The margins on the left and upper side are different, which means, that content is slightly shifted on the paper. In this case this is a problem, because the PDF contains labels and the paper contains special cut marks. This content has to be exactly positioned on the paper. I have attached a sample file to reproduce the issue.

Thanks for your help!
Regards,

AsposeTestFile.pdf (53.3 KB)

@IntactAdmin

Thanks for contacting support.

Would you kindly share the code snippet which you are using to print the PDF document. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

Hi!

This is the code, nothing special.

Regards,

var file = ;
var document = new Document(file);
var viewer = new PdfViewer(document);
var settings = new System.Drawing.Printing.PrinterSettings();
settings.PrinterName = ;
viewer.PrintDocumentWithSettings(settings);

@IntactAdmin

Thanks for sharing sample code snippet.

We have tested the scenario using your code snippet with a soft printer i.e. Microsoft Print To PDF and did not notice the issue in margins. We have tested the scenario with Aspose.PDF for .NET 18.11 and for your kind reference, printed PDF output is also attached.

PrintedPDF.pdf (134.8 KB)

Would you please try using latest version of the API in your environment and in case issue still persists, please share the details about printer which you are using. We will further proceed to help you out.

Hi!

That’s correct, if you use a PDF printer the results are (almost) the same. But in my case I’m using a real printer.
Please see the attached photo, there you can see the difference. I have tested the print out with adobe, edge browser and Aspose Lib (Version 18.11). Only the Aspose Lib had different margins.

Best regards,

20181115_080007.jpg (320.3 KB)

@IntactAdmin

Thanks for sharing further details.

We have logged an investigation ticket as PDFNET-45682 in our issue tracking system for the issue. We will further look into details of the issue and keep you posted with the status of its rectification. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

PS: Would you kindly share the printer model and name with us, as this will help us during investigation.

Hi,

we are using a Kyocera TASKalfa 2552ci KX.
Thanks for your support!

Regards,

@IntactAdmin

Thanks for sharing requested information.

We have updated the details of logged issue and will let you know in case of further updates. Please spare us little time.

Hi!

Do you have any updates on this?

Regards,

@IntactAdmin

Thanks for your inquiry.

I regret to share that earlier logged ticket is not yet resolved due to other pending issues in the queue. As the ticket was logged under free support model, it has low priority and will be resolved on first come first serve basis unlike the paid support where issues are dealt with high precedence.

However, as soon as we have some certain news regarding resolution of ticket, we will let you know. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.