Marker Type

Hi,

I need to use some marker which are available in Excel Charts but i am not able to see them in the Aspose library. Can you please help me how i can achieve them. Here is the of them.

• 1. box
  • 2. diamond
  • 3. triangle
  • 4. diagonal cross
  • 5. star
  • 6. dash
  • 7. line
  • 8. circle
  • 9. cross (“plus” sign)

Thanks,
Amit

Hi Amit,

Thank you for using Aspose.Cells.

You can get information about the supported marker types from the ChartMarkerType Enum. You can set the marker type using the following statement:

chart.NSeries[0].MarkerStyle = ChartMarkerType.Diamond;

Also, we recommend you to download and use this latest version of Aspose.Cells: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.2.2.3 .

Hi,

Thanks for your reply but i am asking how i can set the market type which are not available in aspose like<span style=“font-size:
9.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;color:black”>

• <span style=“font-size:
    9.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;color:black”>4. <span style=“font-size:9.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;color:black”>cross
    9.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;color:black”>5. <span style=“font-size:9.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;color:black”>diagonal
    cross
    9.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;color:black”>6. <span style=“font-size:9.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;color:black”>open
    triangle
    9.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;color:black”>7. <span style=“font-size:9.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;color:black”>open
    diamond
    9.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;color:black”>8. <span style=“font-size: 9pt; font-family: “Arial”,“sans-serif”; color: black;”>open
    inverted triangle

which are supported in Excel. how we can apply these markers?

Thanks,

Amit

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

It seems to be a New Feature, so we will log a New Feature Request for this issue in our database.

Could you please provide the screenshots of all the unsupported chart markers? It will be helpful for the development team.

Hi,

Please find the attached screen shot for the markers which are supported in the Excel and not in Aspose.

I have only the list of markers like

<!–[if gte mso 9]>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:TrackFormatting/>
<w:PunctuationKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:DoNotPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:DontGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/>
<w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/>
<w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/>
<w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/>
<w:Word11KerningPairs/>
<w:CachedColBalance/>
</w:Compatibility>
<w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val=“Cambria Math”/>
<m:brkBin m:val=“before”/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val="–"/>
<m:smallFrac m:val=“off”/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:rMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:defJc m:val=“centerGroup”/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val=“1440”/>
<m:intLim m:val=“subSup”/>
<m:naryLim m:val=“undOvr”/>
</m:mathPr></w:WordDocument>
<![endif]–><!–[if gte mso 10]>

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

<![endif]–>

• 1. box
  • 2. star
  • 3. cross
  • 4. diagonal cross
  • 5. open triangle
  • 6. open diamond
  • 7. open inverted triangle

If there is any other then i am not aware of that.

Thanks,
Amit

Hi,

Thanks for your screenshots.

We have a logged your issue in our database with the issue id: CELLSNET-40815

We will soon look into this feature and once there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We have investigated this issue and found Aspose.Cells supports all marker styles as Excel does.

We have created a sample console application for your reference. Please download and use it: ConsoleApplication1.zip

I have attached the output xlsx files and the charts screenshot for your reference.

Let us know your feedback.

Screenshot:

Hi,

Thank you for using Aspose.Cells and being patient for the resolution of this issue.

Aspose.Cells supports all the marker styles as as supported by MS Excel. Please have a look at the attached screenshots and generated file for your references. I have also attached a Console application that generates these Charts.

Please download and use the latest version: Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.3.0 in your applications.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.0.3

We have added a Marker object for supporting marker feature. Please refer to the attached code segment.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40815) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.