Matching Excel Format to XML output

Hello,

I am still in the process of evaluating Aspose.cells for reporting services and trying to build some proof of concepts to make a purchase decision.

I noticed that in many cases the HTML output in Reporting Services is close to the Original Excel template but some formatting settings are not written in the XML.

While I can finish the formatting in MS SQL Report Builder it then means I cannot go back to the original Excel Template if I wish to make some changes.

It would be great to be able to use Aspose.Cells in Excel as a templating tool to also generate online reports in SSRS.

I noticed the following quirks:

Text position formatting is not carried over:
XML generated by aspose does not contain:

Middle for a paragraph
Center for text

General Number formatting is not carried over:

In Excel I can have specific number formatting to % or just numbers but nothing is inserted. Doing the same in SQL Report Builder adds the following code to the XML
0%

Is this something that could be added in order to make viewing reports online more agreeable?

thanks,

Charles

1 Like

@Charlie.R,

Thanks for providing us some details.

We did fix some issue(s) regarding exported report text position and style of Excel template file when the customer use Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services client to create report and export it. We recommend you to kindly try our latest version/fix (if you are not already using it): Aspose.Cells for RS v18.2:

if the exported report format is XML or HTML, we need to check whether Aspose.Cells for RS supports the customer requirements. For this, we need your sample files to find the issue. Kindly do provide samples to show the issue, we will check it soon.

1 Like

@Amjad_Sahi

Here is a simple example:

I format a cell as Number, Use 1000 separator, 0 decimal places which is #’##0 in Excel

The XML Generated no format and the cell appears as “general” in Report Builder

It would be great if at least the number format, font and borders settings were carried over so we could use Aspose as a simple template creation tool.

thanks,

Charlie

@Charlie.R,

Could you provide sample RDL file and output Excel file(s) for better evaluation of your issue. We will log appropriate ticket(s) to evaluate and investigate your issue/requirements.

Please find the file attached, I just did an example with a simple number formatexample.zip (72.9 KB)

@Charlie.R,

Thanks for the sample RDL, MS Excel file and screenshot.

I have logged a ticket as “Enhancement” with an id “CELLSRS-535” for your issue/requirements. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@Charlie.R,

Please post your files once again because there is appearing an error when we are extracting from ZIP file.

@Charlie.R,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for RS v18.2.9

We have added the feature for converting the custom property of cell style to the custom property of the report
item style.

Let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSRS-535) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi