Math equation are not readable after DOCX to HTML conversion using Java

Hi, I am new to ASPose, these days I just try to test it in my project.
All is good now, performance and effect. Except for, some issues with equations, when convert from wordx to HTML: Equations can not be readable after be converted.

Version: ASPose.Word for Java 20.8

I’ve submit the test file. (18.1 KB)


We have tested the scenario using the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 20.8 and have not found the shared issue. Please check the attached output HTML. (9.1 KB)

Please make sure that you are using the same document. If you still face problem, please ZIP and attach the problematic output HTML here for further testing.

Thanks for your rapid reply.
Just now, I’ve tried a new test on Win10, it’s works well.
However, on MacOS or Linux CentOS, equation show different from word, like squares and strange symbals. Mostly maybe font issues, but I can’t get which fonts it need.

I’ve add following code to trace, but it didn’t report the missing fonts.

document.setWarningCallback(warningInfo -> {
if (WarningType.FONT_EMBEDDING == warningInfo.getWarningType()
|| WarningType.FONT_SUBSTITUTION == warningInfo.getWarningType()) {

Here is the html output: (26.4 KB)

I got it.
The missing font is symbol.ttf. To find it, I had to run a process monitor tool and watch the fonts being fetched, add them one by one.

Hope to give such missing font information in API. In fact, setWarningCallback won’t report this.


Yes, you are facing this issue due to missing fonts. Please install the fonts used in your document on the machine where you are converting document to HTML.