We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Max amount of data in one spreadsheet

Hi, I am having problems with worksheets with a great amount of data (about 25.000 lines and 80 columns, about 8MBytes), I think that Aspose cannot manage this huge size of data.
I tried with gridview and it was fine, but when I tried to bind it to Aspose Grid.Web then the server throws an unhandled exception.

Any clues?

Best regards,

Hi,

Could you create a test project and post it here with all the details to reproduce the issue, we will check it soon.

And which version of Aspose.Grid.Web you are using?

Thank you.

Hi, here is the test project, where you'll find 2 attached .xls files, one with 12,000 lines and the other with 18,000 lines of sample data.

Notice that I modified the webconfig file to allow the access of files up to 20 MB.

I use the Aspose.Grid.Web 2.00

Thank you,

Hi,

Thanks for your project,

We will check your issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi, there is any news?
I am trying to import another file with 8 MB and got the following error:

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
StackTrace: at System.Web.UI.DataBoundLiteralControl..ctor(Int32 staticLiteralsCount, Int32 dataBoundLiteralCount)
at ASP.admin_import03_aspx.__BuildControl__control31()
at ASP.admin_import03_aspx.__BuildControl__control30(Control __ctrl)
at System.Web.UI.CompiledBindableTemplateBuilder.InstantiateIn(Control container)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.TemplateField.InitializeCell(DataControlFieldCell cell, DataControlCellType cellType, DataControlRowState rowState, Int32 rowIndex)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.InitializeRow(GridViewRow row, DataControlField[] fields)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.CreateRow(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 dataSourceIndex, DataControlRowType rowType, DataControlRowState rowState, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem, DataControlField[] fields, TableRowCollection rows, PagedDataSource pagedDataSource)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.CreateChildControls(IEnumerable dataSource, Boolean dataBinding)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable data)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable data)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.OnDataSourceViewSelectCallback(IEnumerable data)
at System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments,
DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect()
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind()
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.DataBind()
at Admin_import03.FillGrid(DataTable dtErrors)
at Admin_import03.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Our server has now 16GB of RAM and this occurred with only 1 user accessing our application. How could Aspose handle more simultaneous users (from 100~500 around the world)???

Please, return me as soon as possible. I was waiting for news for many days.

Thanks,

Hi,

Could you zip your template file and post it here, we will check it soon.

Thank you.