MboxStorageReader.StorageProcessed Event

Hello,
This release:

Add support to split MBOX and the new events:

To conform with the PersonalStorage.SplitInto events, I assume that MboxStorageReader.EmlCopied is equivalent to PersonalStorage.ItemMoved.

But the crucial missing one is the equivalent event of PersonalStorage.StorageProcessed in MboxStorageReader, I mean when using MboxStorageReader.SplitInto will need a StorageProcessed event to raise when each new storage chunk is done and the inner writer stream is closed!

Hello,
May I request minor improvements?

PersonalStorage.SplitInto(Size, String.Empty, Path) will make chunk parts: part0.pst , part1.pst , part2.pst , part3.pst …

But
MboxStorageReader.SplitInto(Size, Path, String.Empty) will make chunk parts: mbox_part0.dat , mbox_part1.dat , mbox_part2.dat , mbox_part3.dat …

1st no idea why chunk parts have .dat extension? We’re splitting Mbox and result files should have .mbox / .mbx extension based on the source storage, .dat is Tnef, not related at all.

2nd, if you compare the above 2 usages, first one makes part0.pst… and second one makes mbox_part0.dat…
Possible to remove the initial mbox_ prefix?
To conform with the PersonalStorage.SplitInto naming scheme.

3rd, which MboxStorageReader event offers cancellation of operation in the middle of long split tasks? Such event still does not exist for PersonalStorage hence no way to terminate the operation so curious if this was added for MboxStorageReader?

Thanks for your kind attention.

@australian.dev.nerds,

Thank you for the valuable comments.
We have opened the following new ticket in our internal issue tracking system:

Issue ID(s): EMAILNET-41297

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

1 Like