Merge dynamic XFA (LiveCycle) forms PDF after flattening them using Aspose.PDF for .NET

Greetings,

I have need to merge two or more dynamic XFA forms for archiving purposes. What I would like to do is export the forms to a “flat” PDF and then concatenate the forms together. Is this possible with any products in the Aspose library? Do you know of any methods your customers are using to do this now?

Thanks,

Hi David,

You may use FlattenAllFields method to flatten the form fields in the PDF form and save it as a new PDF. After that, you can use Concatenate method to merge the PDF files. The above methods are provided by Aspose.Pdf.Kit.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

I created a test as suggested. The concatenated file is created successfully but there is no content in the PDF only a “Please wait…” message. I have included the PDFs I used for testing and the test code.

Thanks

Hi David,

I have tested the issue using the attached sample files and reproduced the same problem at my end. I have logged this issue as PDFKITNET-24404 in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into this issue and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is resolved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Is there a work around or another product you provide that can provide this functionality? Is there a time frame when this will be available?

Hi David,

I’m sorry to share with you that we’re unable to provide some workaround for this issue. Also, I’m afraid, we do not have any other product which can provide this functionality. I would request you to wait for the fix of this issue. As far as the time frame for the resolution is concerned, I have asked our development team to share the ETA for this issue. You’ll be updated as soon a response is received after investigation of the issue.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Is there any update on this issue?

I was trying to merge two XFA based PDFs and ran into the same problem. (PDF file was created, but had no content, just that warning message)

I also tried to concatenate an AcroForm based PDF with an XFA based PDF. The resulting file had a “warning” message for the XFA based PDF, but showed the AcroForm based PDF content as expected. This was using the Concatenate method in the PdfFileEditor class.

Hi Scot,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid you can not merge XFA forms. However as a workaround initially change XFA from to AcroForm and later merge these. Please check following documentation link for details.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,