Merge PDF Failing

We leverage Aspose.PDF for document processing including the merging of multiple PDF Files. We try to re-run the merge action on the files and it continually fails. At this point, the only workaround we have is to manually merge the files in Adobe Acrobat Pro and then deliver them to the client.

This is the error being presented and the stack trace are included below. Can you guys lend a hand? I have seen a few posts on the forums mentioning this specific error, but it seems that the submitter stopped responding. As best I can, I plan to follow this request until we have a resolution.

If you require sample files that trigger this error, and/or our code that physically calls the Aspose.PDF functions, I will happily provide them so we can get to the bottom of this. Thank you.

System.ArgumentException
HResult=0x80070057
Message=An attempt to create annotation using invalid dictionary.
Source=Aspose.PDF
StackTrace:
at Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfFileEditor.#=z$8Zyt5Q=(Exception #=z4bb1W2U=)
at Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfFileEditor.Concatenate(String[] inputFiles, String outputFile)
at PCXProOCRFunctions.MergeFiles.<>c__DisplayClass6_1.b__0() in C:.…\MergeFiles.cs:line 292
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__274_0(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

I should add, we are using Aspose.PDF 20.11.0. It’s been working without issue for years now - all of a sudden recently we’ve been getting the failures described above. Thanks!

@bfrickPCX

Please make sure to try the latest version 23.12 at your end and see if error still persists. If it does, kindly share your sample files and the sample code snippet with us. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.