Merge presentation

Hi,

Iam trying to read the attached ppt’s from the output folder and copying to the new presentation with

The name as ‘NewPresentation.pps’

All these 3 ppt’s are single slide ppt’s.

When iam trying to merge these into one presentation, iam getting the following error>>>

com.aspose.slides.PptEditException: Slide cloning error.
at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.cloneSlide(SourceFile:1371)
at com.exploria.thinclient.core.ConvertSlideToThumnails.newMergePPT(ConvertSlideToThumnails.java:209)
at com.exploria.thinclient.core.ConvertSlideToThumnails.main(ConvertSlideToThumnails.java:91)
Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:546)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:321)
at com.aspose.slides.PictureBullets.get(SourceFile:34)
at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.do(SourceFile:1595)
at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.do(SourceFile:1245)
at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.cloneSlide(SourceFile:1358)
... 2 more

I have attached my code & ppt’s.

Could you please help me ?..

Thanks,
Mohans

Hi All,

Any updates on this ?....Please help me in this. It is very urgent for me.

Thanks,

Mohan

Hi,

We are looking into it and soon update you.

Hello Mohans,

It looks like all 3 presentations have broken structure.
There are text paragraphs which refer to PictureBullet but these presentations don’t have any PictureBullets at all.

Hi Alexey,

Usually i don't see what kind of ppt is it...and what kind of content it holds.

Using the cloneSlide() method, iam trying to copy the incoming slide (with data & template) to the new presentation.

If cloneSlide() method is not handling with these kind of presentations, please let me know if there is any other way of handling these kind of presentations?.

Thanks in Advance.

Mohans

Dear Mohans,

Can you please provide us the code and source presentations which you used to generate Slide-29.ppt, Slide-31.ppt, Slide-32.ppt?

Hi Shakeel Faiz,

Thanks for your response.

Please find an attached source presentation and the source code which iam using for splitting and merging the presentations.

waiting for your reply...

Thanks,

Mohans

Hi,

I think i missed the attachments.

Please find an attachments here. Please update me on this. We are almost at the end stage of validating the Aspose.Slides.

Thanks,

Mohans

Dear Mohans,

You attached the presentation which you generated with Aspose.Slides. Actually, we need the source presentation(s) which you used to generate this presentation, I mean, the very first ones.

Seems like

1. You merged different presentations say P1, P2, P3 … into a single presentation, say A
  2. Then you split slides of A into number of presentations, say A1, A2, A3, A4….
  3. Then you try to merge A1, A2, A3 … you got this error.

So to reproduce it, we need to know all of your process, correct me if I am wrong, and the very first presentations, P1, P2, P3, which you collected from internet or some other sources but which are not generated by Aspose.Slides.

Also, did you remove the previous attachment, which