Merge with use destination styles merge also numbering

Hi,

We merge several documents together. These documents contain some styles which names are equal but where formatting is different.

When using the option ImportFormatMode.KeepSourceFormatting for merging those documents, we reach in some cases the maximum number of styles in a document : 4079.

To avoid reach the maximum styles number we merge using the option : USE_DESTINATION_STYLES.

My question is :

When merging styles using USE_DESTINATION_STYLES, the numbering attached to the style is replaced by the numbering associated to the style present in the document.

Is there a way to merge styles but preserves the numbering ?

See attached documents for a concrete example:

• initial-doc-1.docx : The first document to be merged
  • initial-doc-2.docx : The second document to be merged in the first one
  • word-OUTPUT.docx : the result of the merge using word : the styles are merged, the numbering is kept.
  • aspose_OUTPUT_USE_DESTINATION_STYLES.docx : the result of the merge with
    Aspose. The styles are merged BUT the numbering is uniformized.

Is a new merging option can be added in Aspose API to match Microsoft Word behavior ?

Thanks in advance
Hi Antoine,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. I have logged this issue as WORDSNET-7367 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

As a workaround, please read following documentation link. The example shared at following link describes how to append a document using destination styles and preventing any list numbering from continuing on.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Antoine,

Further to my last post about issue WORDSNET-7367, I have received response from our development team about this issue and like to share with you that this is not an issue. I did not understand your query completely. Please accept my apologies for your inconvenience.

When UseDestinationStyles option is specified for AppendedDocument method, its means that source document will reuse styles apparently specified in the destination document. Please see the details from following documentation link:
Patrice ANTOINE:
Is there a way to merge styles but preserves the numbering ?
Please read following documentation link. The example shared at following link describes how to append a document using destination styles and preventing any list numbering from continuing on.
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsjava/Controlling+How+Lists+are+Handled
Patrice ANTOINE:

When using the option ImportFormatMode.KeepSourceFormatting for merging those documents, we reach in some cases the maximum number of styles in a document : 4079.

Is a new merging option can be added in Aspose API to match Microsoft Word behavior ?

We had logged a new feature request as WORDSNET-4173. A new import format mode will be added which only creates a new style when conflicting styles are different. This new option will make a copy of the style only when the styles are actually different.

Hope this answers your all queries. Please let us know if you have any more queries.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4173) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(9)