Merged cells lost during Docx2PDF conversion

Dear,

merged cells seem to get lost on conversion. Initial document is a 2013-style docx. Input docx and output pdf are included in attachment to this post. Is there a workaround for this issue?

Regards

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. After an initial test with Aspose.Words for Java 14.6.0, I was unable to reproduce this issue on my side (please see attached out.pdf). Please share your piece of code that helps us reproduce this issue on our end.

Best regards,

Dear,

this is the code I use

Document doc = new Document(docxFile);
doc.getCompatibilityOptions().optimizeFor(MsWordVersion.WORD_2010);
doc.updateTableLayout();
PdfSaveOptions opts = new PdfSaveOptions();
opts.setJpegQuality(90);
doc.save(outputFilePath, opts);

The updateTableLayout is probably what is causing this. It is required because otherwise the width of the table is completely wrong… (not the ‘preferred’ 100% width)

Regards

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. I tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-10496. We will further look into the details of this problem and keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hello,

any update on this bug?

Regards

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. Our development team has completed the analysis of this issue and the root cause has been identified. However, the implementation of the fix of this issue has been postponed till a later date. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

@Willemsss,
The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10496) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 17.12 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 17.12 update.
Please also check the following articles: