MERGEFIELD number formatting

So we already have license for 20.8.0 will the upgrade be free or we need to pay

@Ajisha Every Aspose license provides a 1-year subscription for free upgrades to any new Aspose.Words version that comes out.

You can check the license expiration date by opening the license file in Notepad (but take care not to modify and save the license file or it will no longer work) and checking the SubscriptionExpiry field.

<SubscriptionExpiry>20220218</SubscriptionExpiry>

It means that you can free upgrade to version of Aspose.Words published before 02/18/2022.

Okay, do you have any idea when will the next release be?

@Ajisha We publish releases monthly, usually at the very beginning of each month. So the next version will be published in a week or so.

I found one more issue regarding the SET function. This works as expected in Interop but not in aspose

MD189S.docx (23.7 KB)

Input : MR_CSTNM1= “Shasha” ,MR_CSTNM2 = “Ajisha”
ExpectedOutput:
If MR_CSTNM1= “Shasha” ,MR_CSTNM2 = “Ajisha”

The output should be Mortgagor(s): Shasha Ajisha

If MR_CSTNM1= “Shasha” ,MR_CSTNM2 = “Site 1, Compartment 12”

The output should be Mortgagor(s): Shasha

@Ajisha As I can see SET field work as expected. In your template you use the following fields in the condition: { REF Val \* MERGEFORMAT } = { =Val }. But formula field does not return value of the Val, it returns zero. So the condition is always false. As I can see MS Word behaves the same way.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-26682) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 24.4 update also available on NuGet.

Thank you so much for the update.

1 Like

Hi

Also, I need to know whether the latest version supports .net core 8.0 as all the application in our company will be upgraded to 8.0 eventually and this will be a big decision factor for us to purchase.

@alexey.noskov I tried to use the latest version and the mailmerge bracket issue is resolved. Thanks to your team, However when the word document is converted to pdf the image in the header looks wider and thick. It does not retain the original image. Is there any work around for this. PLesae let me know

Please find the attached document.
ImageDoc.docx (285.9 KB)

@Ajisha Every Aspose license provides a 1-year subscription for free upgrades to any new Aspose.Words version that comes out.

You can check the license expiration date by opening the license file in Notepad (but take care not to modify and save the license file or it will no longer work) and checking the SubscriptionExpiry field.

<SubscriptionExpiry>20220218</SubscriptionExpiry>

It means that you can free upgrade to version of Aspose.Words published before 02/18/2022.

If you need to update to the version, which was released after the license expiration date, you should renew your license. Please contact our sales team in Aspose.Purchase forum. My colleagues from sales team will help you shorty.

Yes, Aspose.Words supports .NET8.

@Ajisha

unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the problem on my side. Here are PDF document produced by MS Word and Aspose.Words:
MS Word: ms.pdf (84.2 KB)
Aspose.Words: out.pdf (52.5 KB)

@alexey.noskov Do I need to set any conditions in the word document?

@Ajisha I have used the following simple code for testing:

Document doc = new Document(@"C:\Temp\in.docx");
doc.Save(@"C:\Temp\out.pdf");

I see, I asked my team mate to do the same and he was not able to produce the issue.
Maybe something to do with my settings

1 Like

@alexey.noskov
The image still looks very bad with the updated version when converted to pdf

I have sent you the code snippet to do the mailmerge and pdf, template and datasource I use in our project. Please give us the insights whether you are able to produce the same, because the 20.8 version did not have this image issue when converted to pdf.
Please check the image comparison file.

@Ajisha In your document there is a WMF metafile image. It is rendered as vector to PDF. So it’s quality looks good at any zoom factor in the output PDF. Looks like you need to render it as raster image. If so please try using the following code:

Document doc = new Document(@"C:\Temp\in.docx");
PdfSaveOptions opt = new PdfSaveOptions();
opt.MetafileRenderingOptions.RenderingMode = MetafileRenderingMode.Bitmap;
doc.Save(@"C:\Temp\out.pdf", opt);

@alexey.noskov Thank you so much for your help on this. We are planning to do the upgrade asap.

1 Like

@alexey.noskov Is there a way to test the upgraded version without the watermark?

@Ajisha If you would like to test Aspose.Words without evaluation version limitations, you can request a free 30-days temporary license .