MERGEFIELD number formatting

I have a similar problem with mailmerge formatting { MERGEFIELD AMOUNT \# $,#0.00;$,(#0.00);$0.00”}
This formatting is used for many templates more than 100. I am working on replacing the word application interop with aspose mailmerge and I do not want to change all the templates
Amount = 1980.09
expected value = $(1,980.09)
Current Result = $1,9(80.09)

Please provide me a solution that does not involve the template changes because I have more than 100 templates that have this custom formatting and for some it works and for some it doesn’t.

Please help me with a fix for this. Thanks in advance

@Ajisha Could you please attach your sample template and output document here for our reference (you can leave only one field in the template)? It looks like field code shared above has been damaged upon copying or was typed with mistakes. We will check the issue and provide you more information.

Mailmerge document.docx (33.6 KB)

Please find the document

Also to mention everyting works perfectly with interop (word application). After conversion to aspose these are some issues we are facing with the formatting

The left is the expected output and right is the aspose generated document.

@Ajisha
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSNET-26682

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

I use the aspose.words version (20.8.0)

@Ajisha Thank you for additional information. I have managed to reproduce the problem with the latest 24.3 version too. We will keep you updated and let you know once the problem is resolved.

Hi there!

Do we have any updates on this issue,

Thanks

@Ajisha The issue is in the queue for analysis by our development team. Once analysis is done we will be able to provide you more information or a fix.

Hi

Please let me know if you have any updates.

Thanks

@Ajisha Unfortunately, there are still no news regarding this issue yet.

Hi

Do we have any update?

@Ajisha The issue is already resolved in the current codebase. The fix will be included into the next 24.4 version of Aspose.Words (April 2024). We will be sure to let you know once it is published.

Hi

Will this solution still work in the version that I use (20.8.0)

@Ajisha No, we do not provide fixes for old versions of Aspose.Words. All fixes and improvements are included into the new versions of Aspose.Words. So in order to use the fix, it will be required to update Aspose.Words version.

So the fix you said will it just work if I use the version or do I need to do any changes or workaround in the templates or logic

@Ajisha Yes, the fix will be included into the next 24.4 version of Aspose.Words and in order to get this fix it will be required to update the 24.4 version.

Again to confirm there will be no other changes except upgrading the version?.

@Ajisha No changes in the template will be required. It will be required only update the version of Aspose.Words.