Merging aspose generated pdfs with other tools causes problem

Hi,

We are using your package in our software to convert word and excel docs to pdfs. Our clients then send these pdfs to other people who do things with them, like merge them together. We were using ghostscript to do this before but recently switched to aspose. Our clients are now reporting that the pdf’s they receive that are generated with aspose are not able to be merged using their tools. The tools they are using are ActivePDF and ghostscript. Why can’t the aspose generated pdf’s be merged with these tools?

Thanks,

Adam

Hello Adam,
Thanks for considering Aspose.
I am not sure why you are facing this problem. Can you please share some of the Pdf files that are causing problem, so that we can test the issue at our end.
FYI, we have a component named Aspose.Pdf.Kit which is used to manipulate existing Pdf files. It also offers the capability to merger them. For more related information please visit Concatenate PDF Documents.

We are using aspose.pdf.kit for merging pdfs in our system and it works fine. Clients of clients using our software, however, are not, and they are the ones having the issue. The pdfs causing the issue are pdfs created using the Document.SaveToPdf method. I’m not sure if the excel conversion also has this issue. I have attached a pdf file that’s causing the problem.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,
Thank you very much for sharing the information with us.
We’ll investigate the issue at our end and will update you the earliest possible.
We appreciate your patience.
Regards,

Hi Adam,
I have tried to concatenate the attached pdf file with another pdf, and it worked perfectly fine. Are you using Aspose.Words to convert the doc to pdf? If so, we might have to move this query to the Aspose.Words forum to see why it is not compatible with ActivePDF.
We appreciate your patience.
Regards,

You used ActivePDF to concatenate it and it worked fine? Yes it was generated using the Document.SaveAsPdf method.

Hi,

No. I used Aspose.Pdf.Kit to concatenate the files; sorry, I forgot to mention.

I’ll have to move this thread to Aspose.Words forum, so they could give you some insight into the reason why it is not compatible with ActivePDF.

Regards,

Hi Adam,
Thanks for your request. Please make sure you are using the latest version of Aspose.Words. You can download it from here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
Also please attach your document for testing (Word document). I will investigate the problem and provide you more information.
Best regards.

It looks like the latest version fixes the issue. Thank you.