Merging Excel Workbooks but lost the picture color

Hi, when I tried to merge multiple workbooks using combine() or CellsHelper.mergeFiles(), the inserted pictures could be merged to the combined workbook, but only the picture color is not carried over. Other than that, the transparency, rotation, etc. all work fine.

@hardyg can you please share the input files and the expected output file. Additionally, will be helpful a simple example of the code that you are using, to review it and detect if there is something that can be improved.

Hi! Screen Shot 2023-06-01 at 8.51.23 PM.jpg (270.0 KB)
What I input is a picture and change its color. But the combined file output the original color of that picture like this:
Screen Shot 2023-06-01 at 8.52.38 PM.jpg (235.2 KB)

The codes I use are:
Workbook SourceBook1 = new Workbook(dataDir + “Book1.xlsx”);
Workbook SourceBook2 = new Workbook(dataDir + “Book3.xlsx”);
SourceBook1.combine(SourceBook2);
SourceBook1.save(dataDir + “combined_2_workbooks.xlsx”);

and:
String[] files = new String[3];
files[0] = dataDir + “Book1.xlsx”;
files[1] = dataDir + “Book2.xlsx”;
files[2] = dataDir + “Book3.xlsx”;

String cacheFile = dataDir + “test.txt”;

String dest = dataDir + “combinedMultipleFiles.xlsx”;
CellsHelper.mergeFiles(files, cacheFile, dest);

@hardyg
Could you share your template files ?
It seems that some settings about the shape were lost when copying the shape.

The input files are: ezyzip.zip (2.1 MB)

Please ignored the screenshots I sent, they are not the actual input/output, I just took screenshot as examples.

Thanks!

@hardyg
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSJAVA-45437

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@hardyg,

This is to inform you that your issue has been resolved. The fix will be included in the next release (Aspose.Cells v23.6) which is scheduled for the second/third week of this month. You will be notified when the next version is released.

Thanks a lot guys!

@hardyg,

You are welcome.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-45437) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 23.6.