Merging pdf files and output Pdf format version

Hello,

I’m merging many pdf files in to one. Some of them are generated with Aspose.Words. Those files have Pdf format version 1.5. But when I merge all files into one with Aspose.Pdf, output file is generated with Pdf format 1.7.

Is there any way to force merging to earlier pdf format version?

Some of the users that are working on those output files are using Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0 and on doc open they got warning that this file is done with newer format specification version.

Regards
Jacek Bator

Hi Jacek,

Thanks for using our products.

Aspose.Pdf using the same rendering mechanism to generate the PDF documents so there is no option available to render using earliar PDF format version. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please feel free to contact support in case you required any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,

So this is permanent? There will be no such functionality in the future?

I’ll checked that that while Aspose.Pdf 6.7 generates pdf files in version 1.7, previous one 6.6 was generating files in version 1.5.

And sadly after more investigation I even need to generate it in 1.4 version. So I’ll guess I will have to use Acrobat for “post processing”.

I guess I was wrong. merging with previous Aspose.Pdf version produces 1.7 spec pdf. But stamping only, leaves same version as it was in original document.

Hi Jacek,

I am very glad to inform you that our developement team has implemented your required feature and it will be a part of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.8 (to be released in March as per our monthly release plan) after following the complete testing and release cycle. You will be updated via this forum thread once the version is available for download.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-31045) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.6.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.