Merging PDF

I need to create a main PDF and merge in other child-PDFs. Currently, I am using Generator.PDF to create my main PDF, and Facades.PdfFileEditor to do the merge. However, PdfFileEditor does not seem to truly merge the PDFs, but instead just kind of sticks them together, since there is a pagination issue - and I have seen a post in your forums about the pagination issue.

I will also be using bookmarks, and I need a bookmark at the page where I am inserting the child-PDFs. I am current using PdfBookmarkEditor to create the bookmarks after my main PDF is created. The target of the bookmark is by page number. But this approach is not straightforward because of the pagination issue - I have to keep track of the page where I have inserted the child-PDF as well as how many pages are inserted.

What I’d like to be able to do is use IDs for the bookmarks. The problem here is that I cannot add an ID, or I do not know how to add an ID into an existing PDF, i.e, the inserted child-PDF. And even if I could, I do not believe it would work because of how PdfFileEditor concatenates the PDFs.

Question - is there a way to insert one PDF into another and then add an ID to the inserted PDF so that this ID can by used as the target in a bookmark?

Hi,

Thanks for contacting support and sorry for the delay in response.

We are looking into the details of this requirement and will get back to you soon. We apologize for your inconvenience.

hlrosenberger:
I need to create a main PDF and merge in other child-PDFs. Currently, I am using Generator.PDF to create my main PDF, and Facades.PdfFileEditor to do the merge. However, PdfFileEditor does not seem to truly merge the PDFs, but instead just kind of sticks them together, since there is a pagination issue - and I have seen a post in your forums about the pagination issue.
Hi,

PdfFileEditor merges the PDF files in a manner that pages of files are appended to first/main document. However concerning to your pagination issue, do you mean the page number information ? If so is the case, you can update the page numbers once the final PDF is generated.

hlrosenberger:
What I'd like to be able to do is use IDs for the bookmarks. The problem here is that I cannot add an ID, or I do not know how to add an ID into an existing PDF, i.e, the inserted child-PDF. And even if I could, I do not believe it would work because of how PdfFileEditor concatenates the PDFs.

Question - is there a way to insert one PDF into another and then add an ID to the inserted PDF so that this ID can by used as the target in a bookmark?

I am afraid currently this feature is not supported but for the sake of implementation, I have logged this requirement in our issue tracking system under New Features list as PDFNEWNET-33472. We will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status of a correction. We are really sorry for your inconvenience.

How do I “update the page numbers once the final PDF is generated.”?

How many child pdfs can be merged with a parent Pdf?

hlrosenberger:
How do I “update the page numbers once the final PDF is generated.”?
Hi,

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the delay in response.

Once you have concatenated/merged the PDF documents, you can update the page number information by replacing the page numbering information or by adding new TextStamp with page number information. Please visit the following links for information on

SearsHicks:
How many child pdfs can be merged with a parent Pdf?
Hi,

You may try adding as many as possible documents together to generate a single resultant file. During our testing, we have observed that Aspose.Pdf for .NET supports the capability to generate a merged PDF document of 1.5GB size. In case you face any issue or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.