Merging PDFs /w aspose

We currently use your application in our production server to concatenate multiple PDFs for our customers to print/e-mail PDFS.

When using Acrobat Pro, combining PDFs now has two current options. The first one which is similar to that of the current Aspose system is “Merge Files into a single PDF”. I am trying to find a batch process of the other method, “Assemble Files into a PDF Package”. It does not appear to be an option at the moment and I was wondering if this is possible or in the future would be possible.

On a side note, this would alleviate the problem I have seen around this forum of forms losing their “Adobe Reader Usage Rights” when concatenated.

Hi Greg,

I’m using Acrobat 9 Pro. at my end and can see only two options - Merge Files and Create Portfolio. Do you mean ‘Portfolio’ by packing the PDF files? Which version of Acrobat you’re using? Please elaborate a little bit, so we would be able to help you out.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

I was using 8.0 Pro. I downloaded 9.0 to understand what you are talking about. You are correct they changed it to be “Create Portfolio”. I guess my question is, where there be a way to batch create portfolios? The 8.0 version of Assemble PDF seems like it would be easier to create that functionality for. In 9.0 it seems they have elaborated the functionality to include xml additions along with adding a GUI for it.

Hi Greg,

I’m afraid, this feature is currently not supported; however, I have logged a new feature request as PDFKITNET-18912 in our issue tracking system. Our team will investigate it in detail and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is supported.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hello Greg,

Thanks for your patience. In order to accomplish your requirements, please try using the following code snippet. We are going to release a new version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 6.6.0 which supports this feature. Once the new version becomes available, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Your patience and comprehension is greatly appreciated in this regard.

[C#]
Document doc = new Document();
doc.Collection = new Collection();
FileSpecification fs = new FileSpecification(TestSettings.GetInputFile(“filename”));
fs.Description = “description”;
doc.Collection.Add(fs);
doc.Save(“output.pdf”)