Merging the files causes exception "Too many entries. Consider setting ZipOutputStream.Enable Zip64" in .NET

Getting following exception while saving a big excel file. when i try to open the excel file it gives error. I’m using 8.9.1 version of Aspose.cell.

Would like to know in which scenario does this exception occurs. Is it due to exceeding number of rows or due to exceeding file size.

Can you share us an alternate solution for fixing it?

Thanks,
Prashant

@prashantrace

Please download and try the most recent version and check if it makes any difference and fixes your issue.

Download Link

If your issue still occurs, then please provide us your Excel file and sample code to replicate the issue. We will look into it and log it in our database for an investigation and for a fix.

I tried with the latest version of Aspose.cell i.e 17.8 and i’m still experiencing the same issue. Below is the code that i used. I’m not able to upload the files cause it excceds the size limits. First file size is 69 MB and second file size is 12 MB.

try
{
Workbook book1 = new Workbook(“1.xlsx”);
Workbook book2 = new Workbook(“2.xlsx”);
book1.Combine(book2);
book1.Save(“Sample.xlsx”);
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
Console.WriteLine(ex.Message);
}

@prashantrace,

Thanks for the sample code.

Well, since your template file are big sized, so you may zip both files (1.xlsx, 2.xlsx) and upload to some third party file sharing service (e.g dropbox, Google drive, etc.) and share the Download link here, we will check it soon.

Use the below link for the 2 input xlsx file

@prashantrace,

Thanks for providing us template files.

After an initial test, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned. I found an exception: “Too many entries. Consider setting ZipOutputStream.Enable Zip64” as you described after the process takes lots of time. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-45626” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@prashantrace

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-45626 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

@prashantrace

Please download and try the following fix and let us know your feedback.

Please try the fix with the following code.

C#

Workbook book1 = new Workbook("1.xlsx");
Workbook book2 = new Workbook("2.xlsx");
book1.Combine(book2);
OoxmlSaveOptions saveOptions = new Aspose.Cells.OoxmlSaveOptions();
saveOptions.EnableZip64 = true;
book1.Save("Sample.xlsx", saveOptions);

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45626) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.9.

Tested it with the latest version 17.9 but issue is still reproducible

@prashantrace,

Please try it with the following sample code. I have tested your scenario/case using the following sample code with v17.9 and v17.10, it works fine (although it will take sometime to generate the final output file with 138MB in size):
e.g
Sample code:

C#

Workbook book1 = new Workbook("1.xlsx");
Workbook book2 = new Workbook("2.xlsx");
book1.Combine(book2);
OoxmlSaveOptions saveOptions = new Aspose.Cells.OoxmlSaveOptions();
saveOptions.EnableZip64 = true;
book1.Save("Sample.xlsx", saveOptions);

Let us know if you still find the issue with the above code segment using latest version/fix.