Message.Body Differences

Hi Guys,

I’ve run into a strange issue recently. When pulling a message’s body from a pst thats exported via Outlook all is cherry. If I export the same pst from Exchange utilizing the “New-MailboxExportRequest” command the message body is blank, everything else works fine but the body shows blank (for both html and plaintext messages). Attached is an example of the differences. The issue shouldn’t be code related since I ran the same code on both of the two psts without any changes between the two.

Hi Hank,

Thank you for writing to Aspose Support team.

Could you please elaborate the usage of Aspose API with “New-MailboxExportRequest” command? We can’t find any such method in the Aspose.Email API. You can retrieve the messages from Exchange Mailbox using the IEWSClient API as mentioned in our documentation section, Programming Exchange . Please try with these and if you still face some issue, share your sample code with us along with your sample email messages from mailbox for our investigation. We’ll look into it for assisting you further.

Hi Guys,

The “New-MailboxExportRequest” is an Exchange Powershell Command that pulls all the data/messages from an exchange mailbox and puts it into .pst form.

It looks like the message.body method won’t pull any data from those psts, yet it appears in Outlook if you open the psts up. There isn’t a discernible difference with the files that I can see with an outlook exported vs an exchange exported one. Everything works with the Outlook export.

Below is a modified version of the code you guys provide for the Outlook Pst. I changed a little bit to grab the message body and body type. It has the same issue as my production code when utilizing the exchange exported pst.

I will see if I can get example psts that don’t have any sensitive information to attach today.

Hi Hank,

Thank you for explanation.

Could you please share the extracted PST file here for our investigation? We’ll analyze the issue at our end based on this sample file and assist you further in this regard.

Hi Guys,

No problem, apologies for my delay in getting back with you guys. Attached are two psts one exported from Outlook the Other Exchange. (demoOther is the Outlook one). I utilized the sample code you guys have for the PST Example on the Outlook api stuff. With a few changes, mainly that it gets the message id and then gets the body and the body type of the message . Code snippet below:

foreach (MessageInfo messageInfo in messageInfoCollection)
{
Console.WriteLine("Subject: " + messageInfo.Subject);
Console.WriteLine("Sender: " + messageInfo.SenderRepresentativeName);
Console.WriteLine("Recipients: " + messageInfo.DisplayTo);
String id = messageInfo.EntryIdString;
MapiMessage _message = pst.ExtractMessage(id);
Console.WriteLine(“BodyType : " + _message.BodyType);
Console.WriteLine(“Body: " + _message.Body);
Console.WriteLine(”------------------------------”);
}

Hi Hank,

Thank you for sharing the exported PST files.

We were able to reproduce the issue at our end and have logged it as EMAILNET-35148 in our issue tracking system for further investigation by our Product team. We’ll update you here once there is some information available in this regard.

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if any development has been made on this issue?

Hi Hank,

At present, there is no such information available about the progress of this issue. We’ll inform you here once there is some update available in this regard.

Hi Guys,

Wondering if I can get some kind of update. I wouldn’t normally be bugging you guys but I have a client breathing down my neck. The process I was using this for is really important to them and is unfortunately time-sensitive. Please let me know where this issue stands at.

Thanks in advance,

Hi Hank,

We have checked the status of this issue at our end and found that it is still under investigation by our Product team. We’ve requested an ETA for the resolution of the problem from our Product team and will update you here as soon as the information is available in this regard.

Thank you! I really appreciate it.

Hi Hank,

Thank you for the feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-35148) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.