Message body lost during saving to MHtml format

During saving message (see attachment) part of the body is lost. This is probably due to some logic dependant on dashes string.

The input body is:
---------------------------------------------------
TEST HEADER:

My test data

TEST HEADER 2:
Number:

But the rendered content is only:
TEST HEADER:

My test data

The code I use:

using (MemoryStream mhtmlStream = new MemoryStream())
{
asposeMail.Save(mhtmlStream, MailMessageSaveType.MHtmlFormat, MailMessageSaveOptions.None);
Aspose.Words.Document sourceDocument = new Aspose.Words.Document(mhtmlStream);
sourceDocument.Save(“test.doc”);
}

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your concern with us.

I was able to reproduce this issue at my end using the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET 4.2.0 and have logged it as NETWORKNET-34398 in our issue tracking system for further investigation by our development team. Once there is any information available in this regard, we'll update you here via this thread here.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as NETWORKNET-34398) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Unfortunately the issue is still there when email BodyType is set to plain text. In case html it words as expected. Since our app went to production this issue became major and cause a lot of users complains. This is because almost every forwarded email contains ‘dash’ sequences which causes that email body is lost.

Hi,

Could you please share a sample message that still exhibits the issue you have mentioned? We’ll look into for assisting you further and are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Example message attached.

Hi,

I have tested the new sample file and am afraid to share that I could not re-produce the issue here. Following sample code is used for testing and resultant output files image is attached for your reference.

using (MemoryStream mhtmlStream = new MemoryStream())
{
MailMessage asposeMail = MailMessage.Load(@“D:\Aspose\Invalid+test\Invalid test.oft”);
asposeMail.Save(@“D:\Aspose\Invalid+test\asposeMail.mhtml”, MailMessageSaveType.MHtmlFormat, MailMessageSaveOptions.None);
asposeMail.Save(mhtmlStream, MailMessageSaveType.MHtmlFormat, MailMessageSaveOptions.None);
Aspose.Words.Document sourceDocument = new Aspose.Words.Document(mhtmlStream);
sourceDocument.Save(@“D:\Aspose\Invalid+test\test.doc”);
}

I have tested the scenario using Aspose.Words for .NET 14.5.0.0, Aspose.Email for .NET 4.3.0, MS Words 2013, Outlook 2013 and Visual Studio 2013.

Could you please test it again and let us know your feedback?

Hello,

Thank You for providing information about assemblies version. I compared to mine and everything match except Aspose.Email (I had 4.2.0). I downloaded Aspose.Total_dll_only.zip on 02.07.2014 which contained v 4.2.0. Today I saw that on 03.07.2014 you published newer version which contains expected version of Aspose.Email which fortunately solve my problem.

Thank you for assistance!

Hi,

We are glad to know that your issue is resolved. Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query related to Aspose.Email.