MeteredLicense GetConsumptionQuantity units

Hi,

This article is described for slides - Licensing|Aspose.Slides Documentation but the same API is available for PDF.

The GetConsumptionQuantity method returns a decimal. What is the data unit for the number, MegaBytes?
Can that number be pasted in this site: Pricing - Purchase - aspose.com to get the dollar value of the consumption?

Thanks,
Praveen

@koosala4

Thank you for contacting support.

Your assumption is right. The data unit for the returned number is MegaBytes so you may use the same to calculate bill.

We hope this will be helpful. Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Hi,

One more follow up. The API is available with Words, Sheets and other libraries. All these APIs give me the same number 13000.4543. Is it correct to assume that the usage is 13GB overall, and not per product?

Thanks,
Praveen

And another follow up question - what day of the month does the billing reset? If it helps, the license we used was purchased by Jeffrey Turner.

I would suppose when the reset happens, to start the next month billing, the MB usage from this API will again start from single digit?

Thanks,
Praveen

@koosala4

Since same metered license key pair works with all .NET and Java products, the usage is not product specific. About billing period, please refer to Metered Licensing FAQ section.

Thanks for the update Farhan, makes sense.

Next query I had with the usage - Can you please review how we are using Aspose classes to create objects etc. and if the usage is not optimal and we can correct the approach for better managing it.
AsposeLicenseReview.zip (5.5 KB)

There are two classes in the project (it is an extract from our codebase, so I wouldn’t expect it to run, but the code can be referred for use.

1. For the class AsposeUsageMultipleDocuments - if the GenerateCoaReportAndSave was passed in a document of 10 MB, assuming the output was 15 MB, when the workflow finishes with the 15 MB output going through two Document objects, will the usage be treated as 10 MB or 15 MB or 30 MB (since two Document objects were used, where one could be used).

2. For the class AsposeUsageMultipleProcessing, if the AddElectronicSignatures was passed in a document of 10 MB, and the same Document object is used to do the full processing, though different other classes like TextFragment are used, and if the final PDF was 20 MB, will the usage be taken as 10 MB or 20 MB or any other number?

Can you let us know if there is a way we can test the usage similarly so we can avoid bad code? Are there any guidelines we can follow?

Thanks,
Praveen

@koosala4

Please note that the general rule for tracking usage, as mentioned in the FAQs, is: The amount of MBs processed from calls to our API from your application. This is generally the size of the input file or the file after export, whichever is greater.

So if some workflow can be achieved by loading the document only once then you may avoid using multiple Document objects.

Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Hi Farhan,

Thanks for the info. While your answer gives a general direction, I would like to quantify the usage in the two scenarios I highlighted, so we can prioritize optimizing Aspose API usage. Please understand, we are already using metered license, and would like to avoid duplicate charges where we can.

For the 1st, scenario, your answer suggests due to Document object used twice, the billing will be for 30 MB, not 15.

For the second, the usage would be 20 MB.

Please correct me if I got that wrong.

Thanks,
Praveen

@koosala4

We are collecting some information and will update you soon.

Hi Farhan,

Do you have an update?

Thanks,
Praveen

@koosala4

Thank you for being patient.

Please spare us some more time. We will get back to you shortly.

Hi Farhan,

It has been a while, but I haven’t seen an update. Do you have one please?

Thanks,
Praveen

@nayak_praveen_gmail_com

We are sorry for the delay. We are escalating it internally and will be sharing our feedback shortly.

Hi,

I hope you know we are getting billed every month for the usage, and this delay in information on metered license usage is delaying any ability on our end for correcting our usage. We were recently billed a large amount - 10X the normal due to a bug in metered license, Haley Stuart has the details for your reference, and Aspose has corrected this and issued a new library. I am worried the metered license has other similar flaws in calculation causing it to cost much more than it should.

It looks like somehow my personal and official mail IDs are both involved, my official mail ID is praveennayak@eurofins.com

Thanks,
Praveen

@nayak_praveen_gmail_com

Thank you for the details.

We understand the importance and gravity of situation and apologize for the inconvenience. We have already logged a ticket with ID PDFNET-46991 in our issue management system and will inform you as soon as the information will be available. We are really thankful for your cooperation.