Free Support Forum - aspose.com

MHTML to MSG: Formatting disturbed

Please check attached sample webapp (Visual studio 2012, framework 4.5) I removed the license files from the bin-folder.


Run the page ‘AsposeTest.aspx’.
It uses template.docx to first generate changeddoc.docx (just to run it through aspose.words as a test).
That changeddoc.aspx is eventually converted to a MSG-object.
Please check the layout of the MSG with the initial template.docx in the ‘files’ directory.
The formatting of the MSG is not OK.

With version 3.8 this works just fine. After that version it fails. I also tested with version 5.5

Please fix.

Hi Vincent,


Thank you for reporting the issue.

The difference between the output old and new version is visible and we have reported it as EMAILNET-34870 in our bug tracking system. We shall update you here as soon as there is some information available about this issue.

Any news on this one?

Hi Vincent,


The issue is still pending for analysis by our Product team. Once the issue is investigated and there is some update available, we shall share it here with you.
I see that this issue has been resolved in the update notes?

EMAILNET-34870 Docx->MHT->MSG: Font Styles and formatting is not respected

Can i download/test it?
I've tested it. The main issue seems to be resolved, but a new issue has been created.
If you look at the attached sample (generated with the testapplication submitted with this post), you see random white spaces created in the text (marked yellow). So within the word 'Typ' (becomes 'T yp') and between the word 'groeten' and the ','.

These whitespaces are not in the docx-file (template.docx).
Please fix asap

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-34870) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

No it’s not. See postst above.

Hi Vincent,


I am afraid that this new version is released before your last post and hence does not contain solution of this new issue. However, I have also observed this issue in the new release Aspose.Email for .NET 5.6.0 and have logged it under id: EMAILNET-34943 in our bug tracking system for further investigation by the product team. I shall write here as soon as some feedback is received in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-34943) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.