MicroPDF417 found but not present in image

Aspose.Barcode is finding a MicroPDF417 barcode where non is present. Is there something it is detecting that is not obvious to me? smaller.png (322.4 KB)

The “rectange” in red represents the coordinates in which Aspose indicates that it found the barcode, but no barcode exists in that space.

I observe that the “CodeText” for this phantom result is “<UNKNOWNECI:000900>System.Byte[]</UNKNOWNECI>”, if that offers any insight.

@sferda,

I tested your scenario/case with the following sample code using Aspose.BarCode for .NET v23.5 with your image file, it works as expected.
e.g.
Sample code:

var bmp1 = new Bitmap("g:\\test2\\smaller.png");
using (Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeReader reader1 = new Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeReader(bmp1, Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeRecognition.DecodeType.AllSupportedTypes))
{
                foreach (Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeResult result1 in reader1.ReadBarCodes())
                {
                    // Read symbology type and code text
                    Console.WriteLine("Symbology Type: " + result1.CodeType);
                    Console.WriteLine("CodeText: " + result1.CodeText);
               }
}

output:

Symbology Type: ITF14
CodeText: 08700216241793
Symbology Type: DataMatrix
CodeText: 20222315

The image attached is misleading; I was not able to upload the actual image we are processing due to limits on image size in this forum. Here is the actual file: MicroPDF417.zip (261.1 KB)

Using Aspose.Barcode 23.6
Results:
Symbology Type: MicroPdf417
CodeText: <UNKNOWNECI:000900>System.Byte[]</UNKNOWNECI>

@sferda,

Thanks for the barcode image file.

We need to evaluate your issue in details. We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): BARCODENET-38667

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@sferda,

We are pleased to inform you that your issue (logged earlier as “BARCODENET-38667”) has been resolved now. The fix will be included in an upcoming release (Aspose.BarCode v23.7). You will be notified when the next version is released.