Microsoft Word .doc Template with Multilevel List Formatting Issue

I have a moderately complex MS Word Template that incorporates Multilevel Lists. In code we merge data into this template with the target output format being a PDF. The resultant PDF does not honor the original indention applied to the levels of the list. I can not send a sample document becuase of the sensitive nature of this template.
e-mail address: geoffrey@epochonline.com
Phone: (501) 907-7500 ext. 7595

Hi

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, it is difficult to tell you what is going wrong without your document. Actually, I do not need whole document, I just need simple document, which will allow me to reproduce the problem. You can remove sensitive data from your document or replace sensitive data with dummy data.
Best regards.

I have asked the client to allow me to send some screen shots… Sorry to be impatient with you when I don’t even know you… This should not be rocket science. The question is: Does Aspose Words support Microsoft Word multilevel lists? If not, we probably can’t use the product… if so, and there is some trick to get it to work, what is it?
Thanks,
Geoffrey

Hi

Thanks for your request. Yes, of course Aspose.Words supports multilevel lists. Please see the following link:
https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words.lists/list/
Also, most likely screenshot does not help me to reproduce the problem…
Best regards,

This article is about building multilevel lists in a word document. In this instance, I have a template MS word document that I am data-merging into. The problem is that the formatting (primarily indents and tabs) does not render correctly in the resultant PDF.

Hi,
Thank you for the additional information.
Formatting should be preserved properly when rendering to PDF. I’m afraid without looking at the actual template document and maybe a small portion of your code it would be very difficult to help with your issue. As Alexey suggested you can replace any sensitive data within the document with dummy data.
We should then be able to help you further with the problem.
Thanks,

I have done further research and discovered that we only see the formatting issue with multilevel lists when the Microsoft Word Template document is saved as a 2007 .docx document type. Our original test docs (which were in an earlier version of Word .doc) did not have the problem with multilevel lists.
Is some special processing required for the 2007 style Word documents?
Thanks,
Geoffrey

Hi,
Thank you for this additonal information. I’m afraid it does not help any further to understanding what the issue might be. We need you to attach the template document or a simple document which reproduces the issue and then we can take a look.
Thanks,

I am attaching two very simple documents that are examples of the Multi Level list that is incoporated in my merge template. Also please find attached, a small piece of code (as a text file) that shows how I’m managing the merge. As you will see the first document (the 97 .doc version) will merge and maintain proper formatting in the target pdf format. The second (the 2007 .docx file) will not.
Is there some method of instructing Aspose Words methods to render the later version correctly?
Geoffrey

Hi Geoffrey,

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue you will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards.

Is there any update on this issue? As a result of the elapsed time since this issue was first submitted, my client had encountered this issue again, and I’d completely forgotten the cause of the formatting failure. Please let me know if there is a fix. I am also concerned about users saving in Office 2010 formats.
Thanks,
Geoffrey

Hello,
Thank you for your request.
Analysis of the problem is over. I asked developers to estimate time required to solve the problem. As soon as it becomes known, we will immediately provide the information.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 18079) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.