Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Migrating License File to New Server

Hi Guys,

I installed our license file onto our Development SharePoint 2010 farm to test and ensure it works ok etc… and now want to move it to our Production SharePoint 2010 farm. I’ve removed the solution from the Dev Farm, and deployed it to the production farm, but we’re still getting the evaluation message on the production farm… is there something else required to move the license file to a new server?

should I be able to move the license file to a new farm? or has it been ‘locked’ to the first farm I installed it to? anyone?

Hi John,

Thanks for your inquiry and sorry for the delayed response. Please post your license file via mail to us. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information. In order to post your license file to us please follow the instructions provided in the following link:
http://www.aspose.com/corporate/purchase/faqs/send-license-to-aspose-staff.aspx

Best regards,

Hi John,

I have received your email but you forgot to attach the license file. Please send the license file again.

Many thanks,

Hi John,

Thanks for providing the license files via email. I tested your license file with the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 11.11.0; the License.SetLicense method threw the following exception on my side:

The subscription included in this license allows free upgrades until 26 Mar 2011, but this version of the product was released on 30 Dec 2012. Please renew the subscription or use a previous version of the product.

The problem occurs because your license has expired. Please check the expiration date of your license by opening the license file in notepad. There, you will see the following tag:

It means that you can free upgrade to version of Aspose.Words published before 03/26/2011.

Should you want to use the latest version of Aspose.Words, you need to renew your subscription. For renewing/upgrading a subscription, please contact our sales team via Aspose.Purchase forum.

Best regards,