MIME-encoded headers

I’m loading emails from a .PST, converting the MapiMessage objects to MailMessages using a MailMessageInterpretor and writing the results as .EML files using MailMessage.save(). The resulting files have header fields in RFC-2047 “encoded-word” format (=?xxx?x?xxx?=), even though they’re us-ascii.

Is there any way to avoid this behavior? In other words, instead of this:

…I’d prefer to get this:

Hi John,

Thanks for writing to Aspose.Email support team.

Could you please provide us the sample PST along with the sample console application to extract and save messages? It will help us to re-produce the issue here and provide you assistance as soon as possible.

Your cooperation is highly appreciated in this regard.

Kashif,

Thanks for getting back to me. I’ve attached a zip with a minimal test case based on our code, which is based on the example code on your site.

Run with “java -DAspose.License=/path/to/your/license/file -cp whatever PstReader”. It expects to find the .pst file in the current directory, and will create two .eml files in the same place. The From:, To: and Subject: headers of these .emls should exhibit the behavior I described.

We can reproduce this behavior in the following two environments:

Linux:
$ uname -a
Linux nylxdev1 2.6.18-308.4.1.el5 #1 SMP Wed Mar 28 01:54:56 EDT 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

$ java -version
java version "1.7.0_10"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_10-b18)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.6-b04, mixed mode)

Solaris:
$ uname -a
SunOS sundev36 5.10 144488-05 sun4v sparc SUNW,T5240

$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_14"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_14-b08)
Java HotSpot™ Server VM (build 14.0-b16, mixed mode)

Thanks,
John

Hi John,

Thank you for providing the sample PST file.

After further investigating this issue, I was able to observe the issue with the message headers that happens due to encoding issues. I have logged this issue as NETWRKJAVA-33262 in our issue tracking system for further investigation by our development team. This thread has been linked with the logged issue so that you get automatic notification once the issue is resolved. Your patience till then is highly appreciated.

Kashif,

I’ve been informed that I should have logged this issue under the ‘bloomberg’ user ID instead of creating my own. Is it possible to reassign the issue, to ensure that it gets handled according to Bloomberg’s support arrangements?

Thanks,
John

Hi John,

I have increased the priority of this issue to Enterprise support so as to be considered for priority support. Development team will look into it and once there is any information available in this regard.

Hi Kashif,

You mentioned in another thread in the Enterprise forum that this issue is fixed in 3.0. Do you have a release date for that version?

Thanks,
John

Hi John,

As
you can see from the status of the attached ticket, this issue has been
fixed. We are planning to release Aspose.Email for Java 3.0 in this
week which contains the fix for this issue as well. Your patience in
this regard is highly appreciated.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as NETWRKJAVA-33262) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Unfortunately, this still seems to be a problem. Please see attached .pst.

Hi John,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

I have passed on the information to the development team along with the sample PST. Development team will look into it and once we have any information regarding the resolution of this issue, we'll update you here via this thread.

This issue is logged under ID: NETWRKJAVA-33275 in our issue tracking system.

Thanks for your patience in this regard.

Hi John,

Development team has prepared a hot fix which is attached here for your reference. Could you please test it and send us your feedback?

Thanks for your cooperation.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as NETWRKJAVA-33275) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.