Mismatched page number in generated PDF

Hi guy,
As i described at I want to convert .docx to pdf · Issue #326 · aspose-free-consulting/projects · GitHub.
MS Office works well on my case.

@space_chang I have just answered the question in GitHub.

@alexey.noskov
thank you for your checking.
Could you provide your email for support? i will check with our security team about the possibility of sending my document to you with email, then share it with you if it is available?

@space_chang Unfortunately, we do not provide technical support via e-mail. Please note it is safe to attach document here in the forum. Only topic owner and Aspose staff can access attachments in the forum.

@alexey.noskov I upload the new docx here you can try it. MS Office can work well for it.
in1.docx (36.6 KB)

@alexey.noskov How is the testing result on your side based on above docx? If you have any process about it, you can tell me here. Maybe i need to adjust my integration schedule.

@space_chang Yes, the problem is reproducible with the attached document.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSNET-26800

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@alexey.noskov thank you for your confirmation.
It will be appreciated if you can tell me when it is expected to fix it, i need to change my integration plan.

At the same time, i ever said in Github that i want to hide the discontinous chapter number in navigator section when generating PDF. for example, I only want to see 1,3,6 in navigator list for my sample document. I understand this may be a customized feature, could you provide a separate option for it when generating PDF?

@space_chang The issue is currently in the queue for analysis. once analysis is doe we will be able to produce you more information or a fix.

You can implement your requirements using bookmarks. You can create bookmarks at the required headings and use them to build the navigation panel:
[C#]

Document doc = new Document(@"C:\Temp\in.docx");

PdfSaveOptions opt = new PdfSaveOptions();
int bkIndex = 0;
foreach (Paragraph p in doc.GetChildNodes(NodeType.Paragraph, true))
{
    // Bookmark not hidden heading 1 paragraphs. 
    if (p.ParagraphFormat.StyleIdentifier == StyleIdentifier.Heading1 &&
        !p.ParagraphBreakFont.Hidden)
    {
        // For demonstration purposes build bookmark name using index.
        // IT can be build from the paragraph text
        string bkName = "bookmark_" + bkIndex;
        bkIndex++;
        // Wrap paragraph into bookmark. 
        p.PrependChild(new BookmarkStart(doc, bkName));
        p.AppendChild(new BookmarkEnd(doc, bkName));

opt.OutlineOptions.BookmarksOutlineLevels.Add(bkName, 1);
    }
}

doc.Save(@"C:\Temp\out.pdf", opt);

[Python]

doc = aw.Document("C:\\Temp\\in.docx")

opt = aw.saving.PdfSaveOptions()
bkIndex = 0
for p in doc.get_child_nodes(aw.NodeType.PARAGRAPH, True) :
    para = p.as_paragraph()
    # Bookmark not hidden heading 1 paragraphs. 
    if para.paragraph_format.style_identifier == aw.StyleIdentifier.HEADING1 and not para.paragraph_break_font.hidden :
        # For demonstration purposes build bookmark name using index.
        # It can be build from the paragraph text
        bkName = "bookmark_" + str(bkIndex)
        bkIndex = bkIndex + 1
        # Wrap paragraph into bookmark. 
        para.prepend_child(aw.BookmarkStart(doc, bkName))
        para.append_child(aw.BookmarkEnd(doc, bkName))
        opt.outline_options.bookmarks_outline_levels.add(bkName, 1)

doc.save("C:\\Temp\\out.pdf", opt)

Here is the produced output: out.pdf (21.2 KB)

@alexey.noskov Thanks for your answer and suggestion. i still want to know what the average period to fix an issue is or is there a deadline for this proposed issue on your side?
Hope for your reply!

@space_chang Unfortunately, there is no neither deadline nor estimate the the issue yet. The issue is currently in the queue for analysis. Without technical analysis there is no way to provide you any estimates or promises.

@alexey.noskov Okay. you can update me anytime if there is update information.
BTW, what is the fixing period for an issue if paid support is bought?

@space_chang Sure, we will keep you updated and let you know once the issue is resolved or we have more information for you.

The fixing period of any issue depends on its complexity. Paid support services allows to push the issue upper in the queue.

@alexey.noskov, I say you have finished the analysis to the issue. Is there more information about when the target version will be released?

@space_chang I am afraid there is no estimate available yet since the issue is not yet scheduled for development.
Here are analysis details:

The sample document contains page numbers with chapter numbers. Chapter number identification has changed in MS Word 2013.

It appears that the behavior has been reverted again in MS Word 2019 back to MS Word 2010 (before 2013).
Further investigations are required. Specifically, the revision of MS Word behavior among all versions from 2010 to the newest one.

@alexey.noskov, I agree with you the issue is related to MS Office version. but your conclusion differs from my test result. The shared file(works well) on gitHub is made using MS Office 2010, the one on this forum page is made using MS Office 2016/2021. I hope this issue can be scheduled and fixed because most of the users may use the newer version of MS Office.

@space_chang Thank you for your inputs, we will keep you updated and let you know once it is resolved.