Missing a digit in EAN13

Hello,

I’m using Aspose.Barcode for .NET and I’m having trouble with EAN13 barcode using Compact Framework version 17.5.

I’m using the code below to generate an EAN13 barcode, and while the output is correct when using desktop version, the same code produces a wrong code under Compact Framework. Please notice the first digit “1” is missing in the left side of the barcode.
Thank you in advance.

ean13_desktop.jpg (18.0 KB)
ean13_compact.jpg (7.3 KB)

using (BarCodeBuilder codigo = new BarCodeBuilder())
        {
            codigo.CodeText = "1234567890128";
            codigo.GraphicsUnit = GraphicsUnit.Pixel;
            codigo.Resolution = new Resolution(180, 180, ResolutionMode.Customized);
            codigo.CodeTextAlignment = StringAlignment.Center;
            codigo.EncodeType = EncodeTypes.EAN13;
            codigo.Margins.Left = Convert.ToInt32(5 / 25.4 * 180);
            codigo.Margins.Right = Convert.ToInt32(5 / 25.4 * 180);
            codigo.BarHeight = Convert.ToInt32(22 / 25.4 * 180);
            codigo.CodeTextFont = new Font("Verdana",9F);
            codigo.xDimension = 4F;
            codigo.AlwaysShowChecksum = false;
            pictureBox1.Image = codigo.GenerateBarCodeImage();
        }

Hi Albert,

Thank you for your inquiry and sharing details.

We have investigated the issue at our end. Initial investigation shows that the issue persists. The issue has been logged into our system with ID BARCODENET-36586. Our product team will further look into it and provide feedback. We will update you with the feedback in this forum thread once available.

Hello,

Please note that this issue also occurs whith UPC-A and UPC-E barcodes.
Is there any chance this could be fixed by the next release? Also the issue #BARCODENET-36551, which was reported long ago and is still unsolved. Thanks in advance.

@albert.ruiz,

We have tried to reproduce the issue using the latest version of Aspose.BarCode for .NET. We are unable to reproduce the issue. Please give it a try by using the latest version and update us with your feedback. Furthermore we have asked our product team to provide feedback on the issue #BARCODENET-36551. We will share it with you as soon as any update is available.

Hello Ikram,

Both issues are still present in 17.6 for Compact Framework 3.5.
Both appear to work fine in the full (desktop) framework, but not in the Compact Framework version.

@albert.ruiz,

Please forward us a sample project to reproduce the issue and for better visual understanding. We will evaluate that sample and update you about our findings.

Hi Ikram,

The code posted above in the first message still reproduces the issue when executed in Compact Framework.

@albert.ruiz,

We have further investigated the issue. It was found that the UPC-A barcode generation have some issue. The issue has been logged into our system with ID BARCODENET-36628. Our product team will further look into it and provide feedback. For UPC-E, the first digit ‘1’ is present and can be ssen. Sample barcode image is attached for your kind reference.CE_error_UPCE.jpg (42.2 KB)

I’m sorry I get an error 500 when trying to open the image. Anyway, I retried with the same code above for these symbologies.

using (BarCodeBuilder codigo = new BarCodeBuilder())
{
codigo.CodeText = “123456”;
codigo.GraphicsUnit = Aspose.BarCode.GraphicsUnit.Pixel;
codigo.Resolution = new Resolution(180, 180, ResolutionMode.Customized);
codigo.CodeTextAlignment = StringAlignment.Center;
codigo.EncodeType = EncodeTypes.UPCE;
codigo.Margins.Left = Convert.ToInt32(5 / 25.4 * 180);
codigo.Margins.Right = Convert.ToInt32(5 / 25.4 * 180);
codigo.BarHeight = Convert.ToInt32(22 / 25.4 * 180);
codigo.CodeTextFont = new Font(“Verdana”,9F, FontStyle.Regular);
codigo.xDimension = 4F;
codigo.AlwaysShowChecksum = false;
pictureBox1.Image = codigo.GenerateBarCodeImage();
}

It produces this result for me using version 17.6 for CE 3.5:

image.png (270 Bytes)

There should be a leading ‘0’ on the left of the barcode, which is missing. If the source I used code is correct, I guess the issue is still present in all three symbologies (EAN13, UPCA and UPCE) in v17.6. Thanks for your comments.

@albert.ruiz,

Yes, found the difference if we compare the output of regular .Net version compact framework version. This issue has also been logged into our system with ID BARCODENET-36629. Our product team will further look into it and provide feedback.

Hello,
There are no news about these issues after about month. May I expect to have a solution for next release? Thank you in advance.

@albert.ruiz,

We are sorry to share that no news is available further about the issue. We have requested our Product team to share feedback about this behavior. We will update you here once there is any information available in this regard.

@albert.ruiz,

This is to update you that the issues (BARCODENET-36629, BARCODENET-36628) have been resolved. Please download the latest version and try it at your end.

@ikram.haq,
Tested and looks like everything is working fine. Thank you very much.

@ikram.haq,

Thank you for update. It is good to know that things are working fine at your end.