Missing namespace error of 'Metered' class in OCR example

Dear Sir/Madam,

I downloaded total trial version and an example of OCR and tried to run in Visual Studio 2015 but getting following error message.

"The type or namespace name 'Metered' could not be found(are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)" with a red underline on the word 'Metered'.

I have internet connection and also NuGet package updated and there is a reference to 'Apose.OCR.dll'. I manually checked in this namaspace, there is no such class exist in it!

I attached a screen shot of the same.

What can be the reason?

Any help please.

Thank you.

Idlio.
Hi Idlio,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please use the use the fully qualified name of the class as given in the below line of codes.

CODE:

// Create an instance of Metered class
Aspose.OCR.Metered matered = new Aspose.OCR.Metered();
// Set public & private keys
matered.SetMeteredKey("publicKeyValue", "privateKeyValue");
// Get consumed quantity before calling any API method
decimal amountBefore = Aspose.OCR.Metered.GetConsumptionQuantity();
// Display value
Console.WriteLine(amountBefore.ToString());
// DO PROCDESSING
// The path to the documents directory
//string dataDir = RunExamples.GetDataDir_OCR();

// Create an instance of OmrEngine and load the template using file path
//OmrEngine omr = new OmrEngine(new OmrTemplate());
//string path = dataDir + "sampleimage.png";
//OmrImage omrImage = OmrImage.Load(path);
////Since upload data is running on another thread, so we need wait some time
//Thread.Sleep(10000);
// Get consumed quantity after calling any API method
decimal amountAfter = Aspose.OCR.Metered.GetConsumptionQuantity();
// Display value
Console.WriteLine(amountAfter.ToString());

Thank you Mr. Ikram ul Haq for your response.

But the painful problem is ‘Metered’ class does not show in the ‘Aspose.Ocr.dll’ [file] namespace as you can see in the attached screen shot.

Thank you.
Hi Idlio,

Thank you for writing us back.

This is to update you that the metered licensing feature for OMR was introduced in Aspose.OCR for .Net 16.12. For more details please visit the link Metered licensing support for OMR in Aspose.OCR for .Net 16.12. It is always recommended to use latest version. Please verify the version of Aspose.OCR.dll file at your end.

Hi Idlio,

In addition to above reply, we will appreciate it if you please double check your API version by checking referenced DLL version either using properties window in your solution or following code. Furthermore, please also confirm your project Target .NET Framework and referenced Aspose.OCR for .NET DLL .NET Framework. This information will help us to understand and address your issue.

// Get version information
Console.WriteLine("Product : {0}", Aspose.OCR.BuildVersionInfo.Product);
Console.WriteLine("File Version : {0}", Aspose.OCR.BuildVersionInfo.FileVersion);
Console.WriteLine("Assembly Version : {0}", Aspose.OCR.BuildVersionInfo.AssemblyVersion);

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Thank you Ikram for your reply.

I update the Aspose.OCR.dll v17.1.0.0 & Aspose.Imaging.dll v 16.12.0.0 as you can see in the screen shots. So that error vanished and appeared a new one!

Thank you
Idlio.

Hi Tilal Ahmad,

I checked as your suggested as you can see in the attached screen shots but still it is not working.

I am getting another error as I attached in the other message screen shot.

I think your example at GitHub is outdated and need updation.

Thank you.
Idlio.

Hi Idlio,

Thanks for your feedback. It is good to know that you have managed to implement license for evaluation.

Furthermore in reference to RemoveNoiseFilter issue, We have revamped the usage of Filters in 16.12.0 release so RemoveNoiseFilter is obsolete now. Please check Public API section of Aspose.OCR for .NET 16.12.0 release notes page. You may comment out the related code, we will update the examples soon.

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Now I am getting another error message as the attached screen shot shows.

It is so horrible and pathetic to see that even after a week, your one example could not run without error on my machine. If this is the condition with your professionally written example what about your libraries.

I thought about your company and product that you are developers as your website states so that I can expect more than other company and its products. But you are not even up to the mark of others! If you are developers you do not simply understand the important of sufficient off-line documentation! There is no off-line documentation with your product at all. What if there is no internet connection when needed. We cannot do anything even after investing money in it. What if you update your documentation when we have an earlier version of software!

Your product in my hand is like a hungry fox with a Turtle.
He is hungry, he has food but he cannot eat!

I lost faith in your product and documentation.

Anyway, Thanks for the given support.
Idlio

Hi Idlio,

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for your feedback, customers feedback really help us to improve our API quality and support.

I have again tested all the examples and unable to notice any exception, I have attached the sample project here as well. We will appreciate it if you please share some more details about the exception you are facing along with the code and input document, so we will investigate it at our end and will update you with our findings.

Furthermore in reference to offline documentation, I am afraid as per our company policy we do not provide offline documentation. However you can find Microsoft Complied HTML Help(CHM) file in API installed folder(C:\Program Files (x86)\Aspose\Aspose.OCR for .NET\Help) but I am afraid it does not contain the examples.

Best Regards,