Missing string from text read by Aspose

Can have a look on the document attached? The string returned from Aspose is missing “1993” and “1989” from last 2 lines of first page. It seems to be a type of special structure or picture. Can it be read by Aspose?

Thanks

Shu Yih

These values are numbers of a numbered list. They are preserved correctly when resaved by Aspose.Words. Why somebody used numbered list to display year values completely eludes me though :)

Best regards,

You mean the bullet structure is saved correctly too? Now I understand how this “1993” is a value from bullet by specifying “start with” of a bullet list. But how can I read that “1993”? Is there a bullet structure read from Aspose that I can get this value? It is quite weird to use a bullet to display a year in this context, but I do need to read the value of a bullet in other area too. i.e. Given a bullet in Words, can I know what is the numbering of this bullet if it is using numeric bullet.

Thanks

Tay Shu Yih

Sorry, you cannot read list label value with the current API. I have logged it to our defect base as a feature request (issue #1082). We will add this possibility in one of the next versions.

Best regards,

We are using Document.Range.Text currently. I think previous version of Aspose.Word is returning this value. Is this functionality changed in recent version?

Thanks

Tay Shu Yih

No, we have not changed this functionality.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 706) have been fixed in this update.