Modify Embedded Excel object in a Word Doc

I have a report template (word doc) that I am modifying per person record. How do I access the Excel object(s) and modify it’s cells?

Thanks!

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately, inserting new OLE objects into Word documents and updating existing OLE objects are not supported by Aspose.Words at the moment. Inserting an OLE object usually requires the host application and probably cannot be done by Aspose.Words.
You can access embedded objects programmatically, extract their data and preview image. But creating new and editing existing OLE objects are not supported.
I linked your request to appropriate record in our tracking system - probably we will implement features in the future. Since implementaion is complicated for now I can not provide you by any timeline.

Sorry for inconvenience.

We are in dire need of this functionality. When I try to do it with the native MS objects, I get this error:
Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {000209FF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80070005.
I know that latter number means access denied, but how do I get around that? Please, can you offer me any insight or hope in this matter?

Hi

Thanks for your request. But unfortunately, as Svetlana already mentioned, Aspose.Words does not allow modified existing and embedding new OLE objects into Word documents.
Using Aspose.Words you can only extract existing OLE objects from the document. You can use OleFormat.Save method to achieve this.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1206) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(60)