Modifying the PDF Producer value

Hello,

A while back you all were kind enough to add the ability to modify the Producer value in a PDF.

I’m attempting to use that functionality now by using:
PdfFileInfo pdfInfo = new PdfFileInfo(stream);
pdfInfo.Producer = “XYZ”;

The problem is that PDF.Kit 4.3.0.0 says that the Producer property is read-only. The documentation however indicates that it’s read-write:
Aspose.Total for .NET|Documentation

I’d really like to be able to set this value. Is there another way to set the Producer?

~~ Michael

Hi Michael,

I’m sorry to inform you that due to the company policy setting Producer property is not allowed to the component users; it is only set to the current version of the Aspose.Pdf.Kit when required, by the component itself.

I’m afraid, it was not updated in the documentation; we’ll update it in the API reference in our next versions.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

Oh no, that’s really disappointing.

A few months ago, we had this discussion where it was agreed to add the ability to modify the Producer:
Recommended technique for modifying the "Producer" in an existing PDF?

I’m disappointed that the policy was set not to allow the Producer to be modified. I don’t want my end-users inspecting the Producer value and discovering the use of Aspose – we consider that private information.

If the policy should ever change, I do hope that you’ll reconsider the ability for the software to modify this value.

~~ Michael

1 Like

Hi Michael,

We’re very sorry for the inconvenience.

I’m afraid, according to the company policy we can’t allow to update the producer value.

If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,