Module Dependencies Error

I’ve justed installed Aspose Total Python Net - pip install aspose-total-net (the latest version 24.7.0). I’m using Python 3.11.7. I keep getting error “ImportError: Unable to import module dependencies. Cannot import the aspose.pydrawing module. The aspose.pydrawing module found has a version (‘23.11.0.0’) that is lower than the referenced version of that module (‘24.5.0.0’).” Have anybody perhaps got a solution to fix this?

@jamestarr,

I tried to install Aspose.Total for Python via .NET using command line pip install aspose-total-net, I got some errors. I am using Python 3.9.13. I will involve respective team and we will be looking into the issue soon. In the meantime, please try installing your desired (individual) Python APIs using their respective module links.
e.g.,

@jamestarr,

If your issue is regarding installation of Aspose.Total for Python via .NET, please try using the command line: pip --default-timeout=100 install aspose-total-net==24.7.0
I have tested using pip --default-timeout=100 install aspose-total-net==24.7.0 and it works fine and I can successfully install the Aspose.Total for Python via .NET package. See the screenshot attached.
sc_shot12.png (104.3 KB)

After closely looking at your mentioned error, it seems your issue may not be related to the installation of Aspose.Total for Python via .NET (the latest version 24.7.0). Could you please elaborate on your issue and provide more details? Which Python API is causing the issue? Is the issue related to Aspose.HTML for Python via .NET, Aspose.Slides for Python via .NET, Aspose.CAD for Python via .NET, or else, please specify with details and samples. We will check your issue soon.

Sorry - I should’ve clarified but the issue is not with installation, but with initialization of some of the modules after installing. It installs with no issues, but the error arises when trying to load some of the modules - for example: import aspose-pdf as ap raises the error. I can get around it by installing the modules separately, but it doesn’t work when installing Total.

@jamestarr,

Thanks for your feedback and further details.

I will engage the Aspose.PDF for Python via .NET team to assess your issue. They will respond to you shortly.

Additionally, which other Python modules are causing the error? It appears that some Aspose for Python packages contain the aspose.pydrawing module. When you install Aspose.Total for Python via .NET, it only retrieves the top-level dependencies and does not resolve the version dependencies for aspose.pydrawing required by each module.

@jamestarr

Looks like we need to investigate the dependency error in details. For the purpose, we have logged an investigation ticket as PDFPYTHON-262 in our issue management system. We will further look into this and let you know as soon as it is resolved. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I receive the same error also with version 24.8.0 and 24.9.0.

It seems like different products use different versions of aspose.pydrawing.

Looking through older posts it looks like you may have a fundamental issue in your configuration management process already since a few years. E.g. ImportError aspose.pydrawing module and import error · Issue #32 · aspose-words/Aspose.Words-for-Python-via-.NET · GitHub.

It would be great if you can streamline dependencies across your products and establish a robust release process so we can trust that all products with the same version number are compatible. The current approach takes a lot of time to test compatibility.

Thank you.

@wolfgang.colsman

We have update the information of the logged ticket as per your comments and will surely investigate from this perspective. As soon as the ticket is resolved, we will inform you. Please spare us some time. We are sorry for the inconvenience.