We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

ModuleException with Weblogic Server version 12.1.3

Sorry to post this error getting while using Maven dependency for Java Aspose.words version 19.4.

Does someone face this issue or has an idea about the cause ? The Java web application cannot start ?

<BEA-149205> <Failed to initialize the application "TSEAR" due to error weblogic.application.ModuleException: null
null
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.createModuleException(WebAppModule.java:1824)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.init(WebAppModule.java:270)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.init(WebAppModule.java:682)
	at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ScopedModuleDriver.init(ScopedModuleDriver.java:162)
	at weblogic.application.internal.ExtensibleModuleWrapper.init(ExtensibleModuleWrapper.java:98)
	Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
Caused By: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
	at com.bea.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at com.bea.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at weblogic.application.utils.annotation.ClassInfoImpl.<init>(ClassInfoImpl.java:92)
	at weblogic.application.utils.annotation.ClassInfoImpl.<init>(ClassInfoImpl.java:84)

@NEAR-Irm_ec_europa_eu

Could you please share complete detail of your test case along with operating system and Java version? We will then provide you more information about your query.

Please here it is.
OS: Linux
Version: WebLogic Server 12.1.3.0.0
Java version: jdk1.8.0_121-strong

WAR/EAR is using Spring version 4.3.16

The POM contains

<dependency> 
            <groupId>com.aspose</groupId>
            <artifactId>aspose-words</artifactId>
            <version>19.4</version>
            <classifier>jdk17</classifier>
</dependency>

Built EAR is successfuly done with Maven.

@NEAR-Irm_ec_europa_eu

Form the shared exception detail, it seems that it is not related to Aspose.Words API. Please check this scenario with simple web application that does not use Aspose.Words.

It is linked with Aspose.Words while the server is not showing the main cause and just crashes when starting the application. The application is working for many years and I when I disable Aspose.Words, everything is working fine again.
I have made even a small test just including the Aspose dependency in POM and without any usage within the application. I mean no methods from Aspose being called, again the application crashes to start up.

Now I am preparing to install Weblogic server version 12.2 to give it a try. It looks like some conflicting libraries could be the cause.

@NEAR-Irm_ec_europa_eu

Please try the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 19.5 with Weblogic server version 12.2. Hope this helps you.

Indeed as I guess with Weblogic Server 12.2 the application is working out with Aspose libraries.

Hello, I have encountered such a problem. What’s the solution

<2022-12-29 上午09时14分07秒 CST> <Error> <Deployer> <BEA-149205> <Failed to initialize the application "app_dc" due to error weblogic.application.ModuleException: null
null
weblogic.application.ModuleException: null
null
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.createModuleException(WebAppModule.java:1824)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.init(WebAppModule.java:270)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.init(WebAppModule.java:682)
        at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ScopedModuleDriver.init(ScopedModuleDriver.java:162)
        at weblogic.application.internal.ExtensibleModuleWrapper.init(ExtensibleModuleWrapper.java:98)
        Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
Caused By: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
        at com.bea.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.bea.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at weblogic.application.utils.annotation.ClassInfoImpl.<init>(ClassInfoImpl.java:92)
        at weblogic.application.utils.annotation.ClassInfoImpl.<init>(ClassInfoImpl.java:84)
        at weblogic.application.utils.annotation.ClassfinderClassInfos.getClassInfoFromSource(ClassfinderClassInfos.java:325)
        Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
>
<2022-12-29 上午09时14分10秒 CST> <Notice> <Log Management> <BEA-170027> <The server has successfully established a connection with the Domain level Diagnostic Service.>
<2022-12-29 上午09时14分11秒 CST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000365> <Server state changed to ADMIN.>
<2022-12-29 上午09时14分11秒 CST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000365> <Server state changed to RESUMING.>

<2022-12-29 上午09时14分11秒 CST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000329> <Started the WebLogic Server Administration Server "AdminServer" for domain "design_domain" running in production mode.>
<2022-12-29 上午09时14分11秒 CST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000360> <The server started in RUNNING mode.>



<2022-12-29 上午09时14分11秒 CST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000365> <Server state changed to RUNNING.>

@Mikeykiss Which version of Aspose.Words and WebLogic Server do you use? Earlier there were similar issues related to WebLogic Server and they were resolved by providing jdk16 version of Aspose.Words JAR. Please try using this JAR on your side:

<dependency>
    <groupId>com.aspose</groupId>
    <artifactId>aspose-words</artifactId>
    <version>22.12</version>
    <classifier>jdk16</classifier>
</dependency>

I use the 21.4 version of Aspose.Words and 12.1.3 WebLogic Server, jdk1.8

@Mikeykiss Thank you for additional information. You are using quite old version of WebLogic Server. Weblogic 12.1.3 was released in 2014. Could you please try using more recent version of WebLogic at least 12.2.1.3. We tested Aspose.Words with this version earlier and it works fine.