Mono support

Back in July I asked about Mono support for the different modules. various groups promptly responded that the item had been put into your list for review.

Any news on the result of the reviews? We are getting close to decision time.

Hi Jose,

I represent Aspose.Pdf.Kit and I would like to share with you that our team is working to provide support for Mono; however, I’m afraid, it can only be supported in our Q2’2011 release; that is, at the end of the second quarter in 2011. This issue is already logged as PDFKITNET-18915 in our issue tracking system. You’ll be notified via this forum thread once this support is available.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
Regards,

Hi,

Aspose.Cells for .NET does support Mono.
http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/system-requirements.html

You need to use Aspose.Cells.dll file in the Bin\net2.0 folder on Mono. For complete reference, please read the readme.txt file in the Bin directory (when you install Aspose.Cells for .NET on a machine, you will find the folders at your installation directory, e.g “\Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.Cells for .NET\Bin”).

Thank you.

Hi Jose,

Aspose.Report for .NET and Aspose.Form for .NET also support Mono. Please feel free to post your queries if you find any issues.

Best Regards,

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry

If you are looking into Aspose.Words as well, you will be glad to know Aspose.Words is almost fully supported in Mono, with only a few limitations. Please see the documentation article here for details.

These limitations arise from some .NET features that are required but missing in Mono. We are currently working on an auto porter to convert the code from the .NET platform to the Java platform. In the process in order to achieve this, depenecy on a lot of the built in .NET classes were removed. Most likely this will help to remove these limitations when it's released.

Thanks,

Thanks,

@eCandidus,

It is to inform you that we have released a new API named ‘Aspose.Words for iOS via Xamarin’. You can download it from the following link:
Download Aspose.Words for iOS via Xamarin

Aspose.Words for iOS via Xamarin brings all stunning features of Aspose.Words for .NET to the Xamarin.iOS platform that makes it possible to do native iOS development in C#, with either Visual Studio or Xamarin Studio or you can even use Visual Studio for Mac. Aspose.Words for iOS via Xamarin is a class library that enables your native iOS applications to perform a great range of document processing tasks. Aspose.Words for iOS via Xamarin supports DOC, DOCX, RTF, HTML, OpenDocument, PDF, XPS, EPUB and other formats. With Aspose.Words for iOS via Xamarin you can generate, modify, convert and render documents. For more details, please visit documentation:
Aspose.Words for iOS via Xamarin Documentation