Move Aspose Comment to inside <Project element

Hi,

I have been testing the MS Project XML with various non-Microsoft packages. I'm learning more about what needs to be available in the XML.. MS seems to work in all cases so far..

This is a request so I do not need to edit the XML file for a specific project management package.

Could you move the following line:

To after the <Project ... element.

or make the commend line optional with a boolean property.

This package does not appear to like comments until it's seen the <Project element.

I cannot explain this ... however, I believe you still get the advertising and traceability and it should not alter the input processing.

Thanks for considering this change.

Regards, Bruce

Hi Sergey,

Is this possible? This is blocking the import to a very large PM System. The current position of the comment - from an XML perspective is fine.

(See the other topic Re: Tailoring the XML).

Regards, Bruce

Hi Bruce,

This is a common practice and not only in our company (see for example Oracle Primavera XMLs). I have to discuss the matter with our team leader and of course we have to have some important reasons to change it.

Hi Sergey,

So, I'm now reading the MS Project XML into the 3rd largest PM package (I think) ... that for some reason treats the XML Comment line prior to <Project ... (from Primavera and now Aspose) as a fault...

Intentional?

Regards, Bruce

Hi Bruce,

We are moving the comment in Project element in this week release. See a sample below.

<?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“UTF-8” standalone=“yes”?>
<Project xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/project">
<SaveVersion>12</SaveVersion>
<Name>Project1</Name>
<Title>Project1</Title>
<Company>Home</Company>
<Manager>
</Manager>
<Author>Sergey</Author>

Let us know if it works with you (see the XML is attached).

Hi Sergey,

Many thanks ... the comment does not cause a problem in this position...

However, I have also had to provide OutlineNumber and OutlineLevel (in addition to WBSNumber and WBSLevel ... and possibly some others to actually read the entire file).

This is an example of the slight differences I'm finding across systems ... so some systems seem to have turned the optional to required in their interpretation of the XSD.

Many thanks for making the change ... no more manual edits..

Regards, Bruce

Hi Sergey,

Works fine!! 3.0.0... I forgot to mention ... should the date in the comment be 2010?

Regards, Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Thank you again! We have used the date to separate the new version from previous (Aspose.Tasks 2009).

As nobody is using old versions (1.X) now (I think) we can remove the year.