MS Office Outlook compatibility

The company I work for has been looking into the email portion of Aspose, however when testing a program using this software the following message has appeared more than once: “Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default mail client.” These users have outlook setup as the default client, and have attempted using fixes from Microsoft’s page with no luck. This message does not show up when msg files are opened with Outlook.

I think it is probably a registry issue, but I am not sure what settings to be sure are checked, where to check for them, etc.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for inquiry.

I am sorry I did not get your point. Did you created an email message using Aspose.Email, then opened it with Outlook and got this error? Could you please post the sample code and the generated message in EML or MSG format for our review?

Sorry for not being clear enough.

When an msg file created from outlook is opened to have its contents accessed by aspose.email, it fails with the above message, even with outlook present on the machine.

theMsg = MailMessage.Load(messagePath, MessageFormat.Msg)

theMsgPath = messagePath

fromBox.Text = theMsg.From.DisplayName

For i As Integer = 0 To theMsg.To.Count - 1

toBox.Text &= theMsg.To.Item(i).DisplayName

If i < theMsg.To.Count - 1 Then toBox.Text &= ";"

Next

subjectBox.Text = theMsg.Subject

If theMsg.Attachments.Count > 0 Then

'attach button

Else

'attach label

End If

body.DocumentText = theMsg.HtmlBody

Hi,

Thanks for the information. Could you please post a sample MSG file here for our analysis?