MSG file will not Save to PDF

Hello,

I have an email that is HTML based body with downloadable content that will not save to pdf.

I have used the code provided by ASPOSE:

string dataDir = RunExamples.GetDataDir_KnowledgeBase();
MailMessage mailMsg = MailMessage.Load(dataDir + "message3.msg");
MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream();
mailMsg.Save(ms, Aspose.Email.SaveOptions.DefaultMhtml);

// create an instance of LoadOptions and set the LoadFormat to Mhtml
var loadOptions = new Aspose.Words.Loading.LoadOptions();
loadOptions.LoadFormat = LoadFormat.Mhtml;

// create an instance of Document and load the MTHML from MemoryStream
var document = new Aspose.Words.Document(ms, loadOptions);

// create an instance of HtmlSaveOptions and set the SaveFormat to Html
var saveOptions = new Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfSaveOptions();
document.Save(dataDir + "SaveEmailAsPDF_out.pdf", saveOptions);

No errors are thrown. the code hangs on the following line and never exits:

document.Save(dataDir + “SaveEmailAsPDF_out.pdf”, saveOptions);

I am using the most current version of aspose.email and aspose.word

@smorrison21d1b

Please share your .msg file here for testing. We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

msg file attached.msg file.zip (62.8 KB)

Msg file attached.

@smorrison21d1b

We have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as EMAILNET-40568. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@smorrison21d1b

It is to inform you that the issue which you are facing is actually not a bug in Aspose.Email. So, we have closed this issue EMAILNET-40568 as ‘Not a Bug’.

Your issue is related to Aspose.Words for .NET. So, we have moved this forum thread to Aspose.Words’ forum where you will be guided appropriately.

@smorrison21d1b The problem has been logged as WORDSNET-23723 in our defect tracking system. We will keep you updated and let you know once it is resolved or we have information for you.

hi. do you have an estimate of when this bug might be resolved?

@smorrison21d1b Unfortunately, the issue is not resolved and is not scheduled for development yet. I will consult with development team and let you know if we can provide you an estimate for this issue.

@smorrison21d1b We have completed analyzing the issue. The problem is caused by non optimal way of Aspose.Words to process the textured background in the document. Currently, the document background shape rendering simulates tiling by repeatedly cloning the original texture. If the texture is very small (here we have almost 1 pixel-sized texture), this leads to significant processing overhead when cloning due to the number of generated shapes.
A workaround is to disable the background shape for this document:

doc.BackgroundShape = null;

We cannot fix this issue until reworking the rendering of texture brush tiling, so no estimates on this.