MSG file words become vertical when converting to PDF

Hi Aspose Support,
output pdf msg to pdf.pdf (28.3 KB)

when converting a msg file to PDF using Aspose.Email and Aspose,Words, the words in the signature become vertical. Example :

a
a
b

Could you advise on this issue? Please see attached sample file for reference.

Code used for converting :
MailMessage m = MailMessage.load(myDir + inputfile);
m.save(myDir + fileNameNoExt + “.mhtml”); //, SaveOptions.getDefaultMhtml()
com.aspose.words.Document doc;
doc = new com.aspose.words.Document(myDir + fileNameNoExt + “.mhtml”);
for (int i=0;i< doc.getSections().toArray().length; i++){
doc.getSections().get(i).getPageSetup().setOrientation(Orientation.PORTRAIT);
doc.getSections().get(i).getPageSetup().setPaperSize(PaperSize.A4);
}
doc.save(myDir + workingFileName, SaveFormat.PDF);

Thanks.msg to pdf vertical.zip (67.7 KB)

@dustin00,

I have worked with the sample file shared by you and have been able to observe the issue. An issue with ID EMAILJAVA-34581 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

Hi @mudassir.fayyaz,

Thanks.
Is there any update on the cause of this issue so that we can avoid or workaround it while the issue is being resolved as we want to avoid this issue when doing the conversion in our work?

@dustin00,

Can you please provide the MHTML file generated on your end using Aspose.Email for Java 19.8. It seems to be an issue with Aspose.Words if the MHTML file is same as source file.

Please find the generated mhtml file using Aspose Email 19.8
generated 19.8 mhtml file.zip (995 Bytes)
Thanks.

@dustin00,

I have observed the MHTML file shared by you and it seems to same as MSG file when viewed in MS Word. Can you please confirm this. In that case, I will request Aspose.Words team to further look into this as Aspose.Email only generates MHTML, which in my opinion is fine. The rendering of MHTML to PDF is performed using Aspose.Words.

Hi, yes, can confirm that when viewing the MHTML file, it is still looks the same as when viewing the MSG file. Issue is when converted to PDF.

@dustin00,

We have tested the scenario using the latest version of Aspose.Words and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-19206. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Aspose Support,

May I check on the status of this issue or if there is any workaround to do to the text that becomes horizontal to vertical in the MSG file?
Thanks.

@dustin00,

Unfortunately, there is no workaround available for this issue. We regret to share with you that your issue (WORDSNET-19206) has been postponed due to missing feature WORDSNET-832 ( Make table layout as close to Word as possible ) which is related to your issue.

After the fix of WORDSNET-832, our product team will look into your issue. We will be sure to inform you via this forum thread as soon as this feature is available. We apologize for your inconvenience.